General Grabber AT2 tires (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the old tires were down to 3/32, with a few spots down to 2/32. They were ready for replacement. I checked the AT2 tire pressure after sitting overnight, and they were a few psi under Ford's recommendation of 30psi. I aired them up to spec, and I'll see how they react. I still feel like the tread squirm is pretty significant as I have less than 100 miles on the tires.

org tires were 27.3 when new

new ones were 27.4 but not worn..
so probably 2.5-3% larger

Tires seem to be settling down. The more miles I tack on, the smoother the AT2s feel. Gas consumption also seems to be leveling off. I'll track mpg once I've put on a thousand miles or so in fairness to the tires and break-in process.

Having driven on these tires for about 5000 miles, and through some of the worst snow storms in New England history, I will have to give them two BIG thumbs up! They grip the road like no other tire I have ever owned (without studs in them and with 2wd). Gas mileage hasn't taken a huge hit now that break-in is over. And I received my General Tire Rebate on the fourth tire with no issue. Only thing left is to see if they last the rated 60K miles. So far, so good.

Anyone looking for a solid all-terrain tire should seriously consider these General Grabber A/T2 tires.

Looking good!

What tires did you have before you put on the Grabbers? They look awesome, big and meaty, I thought you were going to say a much larger size than 225/70R15!

Originally Posted By: SwedishRider
I'm very interested in how they are in the snow this winter.

They're on my Tracker and they're awesome in the snow... and sand!

8sGMCWV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back