General APT or AT2

Trying to decide between these 2 tires. Both similar price and wear rating. They will go on my avalanche. I do tow, and drive in light snow, ice and some mud. Current tire is the General HTS, they are aging out. Both are 3 peak rated.
265/70/17
Feed back on which of these 2 might be better?
APT
genrl0_ang_xl.jpg

AT2
genrl3.ang.l.jpg

Thanks

I had the APT 275 18” on my Z71 … ran them 22k and looked brand new when I traded the truck
They were smooth, quiet, and good in rain …
Ran them in sand, dirt, light mud … did fine

The AT2 will be a better all terrain tire for excursions off-pavement, which is what it's intended for.

The APT is what you might call a "light A/T" tire, where some or all highway tire qualities (comfort, noise, treadwear, handling) are combined with a slightly more aggressive tread for off-road.

The APT will be more similar in driving characteristics as your General HTS.

So in a nutshell, neither is better than the other, it just depends on what you want to do with them. Personally, I prefer the APT style tread versus all-terrain due to ride comfort, noise and treadwear. But you can still do light off-roading with them if that's your thing.

Yeah, sand or dirt either is fine. But in my early days of waterfowl hunting we spent lots of time in mud … and can tell you that neither of these tires could self clean well in the goo 🐗

Both good tires. With the same or similar milage warranties. i just installed some AT2 s a couple weeks ago so I am biased. But so far I ,Ike the quality of these tires.

Back