Gelled engine oil - pulled pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jetsfan421
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by spasm3
I have trouble believing this was a find. Seems too gelatinous to not be staged.

They said it happened in 2wks time...I call BS that oil could sludge up like that in 2wks.. unless, and there's always a unless, there's some additives that were put in the oil that caused this reaction.

The only additives that would do that are jello or flex seal.

That's kinda what I was thinking but I'm not the chemist here so dunno. I don't think it's some kind of contamination with coolant because they made no mention of a coolant leak in the video, only that there was 2wks on the "new" engine. You really really have to neglect an engine to get it to sludge up anywhere close to that and I just don't see that happening in 2wks without some human help of some kind. I just know that just because something's on the internet doesn't make it true or real.

Last edited:
I read most of the thread and many others posted somehow the coolant was getting in the oil and it created the sludge. As you can see it is very consistent in the gel form and does not look like it was in there for a very long time or very many miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back