GDI Fuel Injector Seal Installer Tool

I need to replace a water pump/thermostat assembly on a Gen 3 EA888. Supposedly it is easier to do if I remove the intake manifold. Obviously that approach risks having the direct injectors come out of the head. If the injectors pull out of the head, that means the teflon seal must be replaced.

The VW SST is actually a bit cheaper than the Assenmacher or Baum offerings. Usually it is the other way around. Does anyone have a recommendation on a tool kit for this application? Or ideally, a tool kit that may work for more than just VAG products?

Just to clarify: I was incorrect. Injectors only pull out of the head on the Gen 1/2 EA888 motors. Gen 3 EA888 motors are different.

5BD3514A-D4D5-4A42-BB50-799F69A3E580.jpeg

I need to replace a water pump/thermostat assembly on a Gen 3 EA888. Supposedly it is easier to do if I remove the intake manifold. Obviously that approach risks having the direct injectors come out of the head. If the injectors pull out of the head, that means the teflon seal must be replaced.

The VW SST is actually a bit cheaper than the Assenmacher or Baum offerings. Usually it is the other way around. Does anyone have a recommendation on a tool kit for this application? Or ideally, a tool kit that may work for more than just VAG products?
TheHumble mechanic just did a video where he removed th high pressure injectors, he used a special tool and lists it in the comments section. Of all the car repair stuff he is IMHO one of the most qualified as a master mech for VW, he cant drag race worth a **** but his garage/shop/studio is extremely well stocked including 2 2 postlifts.

Back