GC worked its magic, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking GC may be the low cost ARX?

Our 115,000 mile Saturn 1.9 was starting to use oil (got to approx 1000 mi/qt, no external leaks). The root cause is usually quoted as stuck ring pack and/or bad valve seals. A 4000 mile run on GC then had a total consumption of approx 1.5 pints.
smile.gif

Because I couldn't locate GC for the next oil change, I am currently running Shell Rotella "Syn" 5W40 which has zero oil loss in 2000 miles.
In the meantime I've latched on to 6 more quarts of green GC by trolling the bad side of town
cheers.gif

So the question becomes, should I try a maintenance blend of 1 quart GC and 3 of some cheap stuff like the Phillips Conoco at Wal-Mart? Or a few rounds of cheap dino and then a full load of GC again?

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant imagine the elves smiling on anything regarding deluting the elixer!!!

Maybe Pscholte can chime in here.....

I have a 99 Saturn SC2 with 45000 miles on it...it used a bit over a quart of M1 during a 3000 mile run....so far, at around the 1000 mile mark, no oil usage with GC!!

darrell
sin city

quote:

Originally posted by nascarnation:
So the question becomes, should I try a maintenance blend of 1 quart GC and 3 of some cheap stuff like the Phillips Conoco at Wal-Mart? Or a few rounds of cheap dino and then a full load of GC again?

The Honorable Elf Friend Darrell is correct! Run ARX in the dino and then put in a full complement of the Precious Green Elixer. PLEASE do not, I repeat do not mi-mi-mi...I can't even say it...you know.......what you said.

After reading the ARX information I'm wondering if I want to switch to synthetic. I'm in the rinse phase now.

quote:

Originally posted by Ramblin Fever:
Can you locate the gold GC?

Yes now that I have been alerted to its existence at AutoZones where nobody on the premises except me is speaking English
grin.gif

I guess I am as skeptical about the gold GC as I was about the green GC but will undoubtedly learn from the BITOGs if gold is as magical as green.
cheers.gif

update:
almost 4000 miles now on this (after GC)
run of Rotella 5W40
approx 1/2 quart consumed.
smile.gif

plan to go back to GC @ about 5000 mi for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back