GC where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to all of this GC stuff I know that it is made by Castrol in germany and the green is now out of production but what is the current "golden" GC marketed as? I mean what is the name on the bottle? And also where could I get some? I have an 88 Ford Bronco II 2.9L 45k would it be right for my car?

Castrol Syntec 0w-30, only sold in AutoZone stores in the U.S. Look for the "Made in Germany" on the rear. The rear label should look something like this:
 -

Yeah, good for this truck. Look on each bottle for M0501... (Jan. 05) or M04... (2004 vintage) for green. M0502 or later are amber. I have often found green oil behind newer dated bottles on the shelves (although nNOW there are none around here).

Bigwillie, the green GC is still out there.
Visit your local AutoZone stores, don't hesitate to ask the store personnel to check the backroom.
Very often they will have a couple of cases in the back even though the shelfes are empty.

that is awesome because there is an autozone less than a quarter of a mile away from me I'm going to go over sometime in the next few days and see if they have any left over green, and if not I'll just go for the gold GC anyway. I'll have to finish my auto-rx treatment before I can see how it works though.

"the next few days?" Oh the Elves don't like it if you are not eager enough...they expect you to call and if the Az associate tells you they have it, then you must troddle (not amble or shuffle) on down and get it RIGHT THEN...OK you can eat breakfast first, but if you do you must insist they hold it for you until you get there (the secrets I give away!)...the Elves do like your screen name though...they think it is
cool.gif

thanks for setting me straight pscholte. I will call them tommorow and ask if they have it I promise. But I still might not be able to get over there till Monday. I hope the elves will forgive me.

quote:

Originally posted by bigwillie:
thanks for setting me straight pscholte. I will call them tommorow and ask if they have it I promise. But I still might not be able to get over there till Monday. I hope the elves will forgive me.

Well if you can look them straight in the eye (you have to look down a little bit
wink.gif
) and tell them you are giving it your best shot, you'll be OK
cheers.gif

quote:

I will do exactley that and if you have anymore information on the ways of the elves please inform me.

Oh there is MUCH to share, but it could overwhelm you...little by little, that way is best.
grin.gif

if little by little is best than that is the way I will do it. Oh and about my screename almost everyone I know calls me that I have no idea where it started.

You know, of course, that you are staying up WAY too late...it's OK for me 'cause I am an hour behind you
wink.gif

yes I know I think I'm an insomniac I usually don't go to bed until at least 11:30 minimum but I'm thinking I might just head that way. Maybe I'll dream about the elves.

quote:

yes I know I think I'm an insomniac I usually don't go to bed until at least 11:30 minimum but I'm thinking I might just head that way. Maybe I'll dream about the elves.

Excellent choice

I have some sad news to report no autozone within ten miles of me has any gc I called every store that came up on the autozone store locater. Is there any other way to get some. I found two stores that said they had 0W-30 Castrol Syntec but I have no way of knowing if they actually have GC unless I go down there myself. All of the ones in the bad neighboorhoods had no idea what I was talking about and told me they couldn't hear me. Are their any other sources of gc.

[ June 25, 2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: bigwillie ]

bigwillie, sadly GC is only sold at AutoZone stores in the U.S. I'd hit-up those two AZ's that said they have the Syntec 0w-30...hopefully at least some of it will be the green GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back