GC? What is the craze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new to the forum and have recently been exposed to the "German Castrol." What is it? Why do people covet it so? How is it any better than M1 or Amsoil?

No flames please, just curious on my first post.

First off
welcome.gif

Second, the short version is that GC is a full PAO ("true synthetic") oil with PAO based esters. Up till about a month ago, it was unknown exactly what it was, but some of the members here got together and paid $450 to have this oil thoroughly analyzed. It is just a really good oil for a really good price..

That and it is Green and made by Elves!

Hi Folks,

I too am new to the board but have been poking around Crossbow's posts on GC over at mazda6club. I am curios about this PAO in GC. Are there any other oils out that are made up in the same way?

Cheers,
Kev.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
...it is Green and made by Elves!

NOW, you're talkin'

That was for you specifically.

TheJabba, From the limited amount of details I have gathered, GC is a very unique oil in its use of PAO base and esters, very different than any other Syntec available in the US.

welcome.gif

Now that the greeting is out of the way and we are best buds, I have to tell you that I was insulted by your question. GC is not a craze. It is a cult!!
fruit.gif

quote:

I am curios about this PAO in GC. Are there any other oils out that are made up in the same way?

Yes, M1 and amsoil have pao formulations but nobody knows for sure what the percentage of pao is. The oil company's are tight lipped about it. Dan

I read an article sometime ago during the lawsuit between Mobil and Castrol regarding the meaning of "synthetic", there were several Castrol samples tested by Mobil before and after the famous "change" by Castrol. The PAO ( before the change) percentage was anywhere between 88 to 92%if my memory is correct.

quote:

... very different than any other Syntec available in the US.

This is the key bit of info to note. Although, isn't BC (5W-40?) also supposed to be a true PAO syn? And yes, Mobil One & Amsoil are also PAO-based true syns.

cheers.gif
(shouldn't there be one of these icons clicking mugs of green stuff?)

quote:

Originally posted by Brikhead:

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:

quote:

That and it is Green and made by Elves!
I don't know. I still have this WW2 German Synthetic oil Nazi war machine thing going on in my head.

Are you sure it is not MADE OUT OF Green Elves???
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
I think pscholte is needing a set of defibulator paddles right about now. [/QB]

pscholte is keeping his cool despite the gross hideous AND UNTRUE statement made by k1xv...the Elves, on the other hand are struggling greatly with their emotions...they are a mild-mannered, compassionate bunch but this has pushed them to their limit
dunno.gif

...but tell me...the TRUE brewers of The Elixer, from what Elven people are they descended and what portion of Middle Earth did their forbears occupy?

From one that knoweth Tolkien and all that he held dear
There is but one true answer and that answer should be clear

quote:

That and it is Green and made by Elves! [/QB]

I don't know. I still have this WW2 German Synthetic oil Nazi war machine thing going on in my head.

Are you sure it is not MADE OUT OF Green Elves???
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TheJabba:
And all I can say is oh dear...
lol.gif

...when I discovered a case of oil shear
especially when I discovered it was quite severe
...and hoping an Autozone was near
So I could use GC and not have to fear

...oh, yes, I am quite sincere
grin.gif