GC vs M1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive run both in my saturn along with Amsoil, and so far Im most happy with GC, car seems to run smoother but I wont say anything much more until I see a UOA. Mobil1 is a very good oil though, as is Amsoil and GC, you most likely wont go wrong with any of them.

Even though they are all Xw-30 weight oils, the M1 has the lowest viscosity, then Amsoil, then GC. For my personal application, I found GC too thick and M1 to thin, with Amsoil being just about right. This is from my ultra precise butt-o-meter!

I think GC not only compares favorably with M1, I would give it a slight edge. GC is more versatile, since it is a comparably priced 0W-30.

I will put my Nomex suit on now.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
How about M1Racing 0w30? Wouldn't that be a good comparison for GC? Unfortunately I haven't seen any M1R UOAs.
dunno.gif

-T

Based on price, I don't think it would be a fair comparison. A new Toyota owner probably doesn't require it and might run into warranty issues.

It would be fair to compare M1R with Redline.
grin.gif

Well GC is $5 around here, since it's only available at Autozone. M1 is usually between $3.75 and $4 a quart, so that's not exactly a fair comparison either. How much does M1R go for, I've never seen it before.

-T

I have been to 8 different AutoZones here in south FL and I still can't find any GC Syntec. I asked an employee at every store for GC .....and they had no idea what I am asking for.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Boeing 757 Pilot:
I have been to 8 different AutoZones here in south FL and I still can't find any GC Syntec. I asked an employee at every store for GC .....and they had no idea what I am asking for.
dunno.gif

This morning, there were four cases of GC in my Pensacola AZ and at least a dozen bottles. Maybe the old yellow label 0w-30 just isn't selling in South Florida to make room for the GC.

Today when I got rid of some old oil at the nearby AutoZone, I was checking the oil shelves and found GC!!!!
fruit.gif

I've been searching for this elusive commodity for months now and could not find it anywhere. It looks like metro Atlanta oil zealots can now make a hajj to their local AutoZones to get this magical elixir!

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
I think GC not only compares favorably with M1, I would give it a slight edge. GC is more versatile, since it is a comparably priced 0W-30.

I will put my Nomex suit on now.
grin.gif

Which M1 are we comparing GC with?

If you're comparing 0w-30 to 0w-30, then yes, I'll most definitely give the edge to GC.

But, if you compare M1 0w-40 to GC 0w-30 (which I believe is a much more fair and ideal comparison), then the gap is ever so close...

Jelly, I was comparing with all M1 30wt's. (excluding M1R) and 0W-40. The GC covers all bases unless you have a Euro car that spec.s a 40wt. for warranty purposes.

How about M1Racing 0w30? Wouldn't that be a good comparison for GC? Unfortunately I haven't seen any M1R UOAs.
dunno.gif

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Boeing 757 Pilot:
dunno.gif

The employees do not know what GC is. You have to go the shelves and look for made in Germany on the back of the bottles. The manager of one AutoZone insisted the his store did not carry German made oil. I made him go in the back anyway and he came back with a case that had made in Germany printed on it. He was speechless.

quote:

Originally posted by 05corollaLE:
Any other national chain stores (besides AutoZone), or department stores carry GC?

Not in the US that we know of...curious, but true

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
he came back with a case that had made in Germany printed on it. He was speechless.

...and well he should be...in the presence of The Green
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Well GC is $5 around here, since it's only available at Autozone. M1 is usually between $3.75 and $4 a quart, so that's not exactly a fair comparison either. How much does M1R go for, I've never seen it before.

-T

Yip M1 5-30 and 10-30 is cheaper at Wally's in the jugs, but only in these weights. The others are similar in price.

M1R can be had from our sponsor, right here.

quote:

...and well he should be...in the presence of The Green...

LOL, pscholte, OK, knock it off. Repeat this 10 times: "GC has no mystic qualities".

The manager simply was speechless due to the "I am an idiot" message flashing in his brain. It had nothing to due with gummy bears.

This GC "Elixir of Life" legend is growing more each week!
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue99:

quote:

...and well he should be...in the presence of The Green...

LOL, pscholte, OK, knock it off. Repeat this 10 times: "GC has no mystic qualities".

The manager simply was speechless due to the "I am an idiot" message flashing in his brain. It had nothing to due with gummy bears.

This GC "Elixir of Life" legend is growing more each week!
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers.gif

Blue99.

...mystic qualities?...Elixer of Life?...growing legend?...whatever are you talking about? You'd almost think someone was...you know...like writing poems or something about the stuff...or talking about it all the time
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back