GC vs Amsoil's 0w-30 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these two 0w-30's is better? While that's a loaded question, I'm interested in which would be better for the best fuel economy and wear over a 10-15K OCI?

Two very good 0w-30's, with similar if not the same additive package. GC will maintian it's viscosity better and maybe show slightly better wear. Amsoil I believe could go further in extended drains. TSO will thicken much more then GC IMHO. Price: GC- $5 Ams- $8.70 ($6.70 PC cost).

Not really a difficult question....at all...GC is gone....dont make it anymore....kapoot...toast....so who really cares...me I got 100 quarts of GC 0-30.......but I feel like the Omega Man....yeah my engines were OK...frankly my LS1 in the Goat was quiter on Amsoil 0-30....my 360 Mag Dodge R/T is smoother on GC 0-30....but who really cares anyway as the GC is gone....toast...

It's not gone. sgtgeek, are you aware Amsoil lowered the ZDDP in the S2k? Like anything else, they all change. GC I believe is the very good SLX Longtex Low SAPS in Europe.

sgtgeek,

I will help you, you poor confused fellow
...this
 -
is toast, and this
 -
is GC.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pick:
I would have to conclude that Gold is going to be better than Green. Why does everyone think that because the color changed, it went downhill?

Pick,

I think it is due, in part, to the fact that many of our members don't trust Castrol and so when the oil changes color, seems thinner and we have one member who tries it and doesn't like it (anecdotal), they get nervous; they start to thinking "switcheroo" and Group III; unfortunately, they forget about the Elves...

I think it will be fine.

Now just hold your horses my fellow BITOG folks....
When I say "gone" I mean gone as in no longer produced...not gone from the shelfs....are you saying then that Castrol will continue to make the green elixir of the God's? I don't think so....Castrol (in form only Castrol can achieve) has once again "changed" the formula to who knows what...So this fella has come along and ask a simple question about how to purchase and the various purchasing options of the green nectar of the magic elves.....well the answer is simple..they don't make it anymore....and to whomever retorted about the Amsoil....I ain't selling/touting/marketing Amsoil man...I use it.....but ain't selling it....
My posture on the Green 0-30 is it is no longer produced and we are waiting for the next best thing to slide down the pike...in the meantime...we must answer...GC...they do not make it anymore.

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
GC...they do not make it anymore.

sgtgeek,

Let's be more precise...apparently, GREEN GC is not being produced anymore...The Gold 0W-30 is STILL made in Germany.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

GC...they do not make it anymore.

sgtgeek,

Let's be more precise...apparently, GREEN GC is not being produced anymore...The Gold 0W-30 is STILL made in Germany.
cheers.gif

I agree...but the stampede wasn't caused by the country of origin...it was caused by numerous LS1 OCI's in the beginning I believe/recall.....the "new" stuff hasn't been there nor done that yet as I am aware so we really do not know what the "gold" holds in store for us...that would justify automatic cult status amongst the lowly oil drinking minions IMHO:)

quote:

I agree...but the stampede wasn't caused by the country of origin...it was caused by numerous LS1 OCI's in the beginning I believe/recall.....the "new" stuff hasn't been there nor done that yet as I am aware so we really do not know what the "gold" holds in store for us...that would justify automatic cult status amongst the lowly oil drinking minions IMHO:)

Correct and if the GC has died off, funeral services will be held at pscholte's house where we can bury the GC remains.

Hahahaha....**** Castrol anyway....dont pay no attention to the lil feller behind the curtain...look at the big fire breathing green thing on the wall.....you think ol ps will have them lil bitty sandwhiches at the funeral....with cucumbers?

I'm switching to GC whether it's green or gold. I'm don't want to pay for amsoil 2k and renew my membership.

quote:

Hahahaha....**** Castrol anyway....dont pay no attention to the lil feller behind the curtain...look at the big fire breathing green thing on the wall.....you think ol ps will have them lil bitty sandwhiches at the funeral....with cucumbers?

sgtgeek,

No need for a funeral and no lil bitty sandwiches...it is jägerschnitzel for everyone mit eine Deutsch salat mit eine schöne goldene Soße (a beautiful golden sauce).

quote:

No need for a funeral and no lil bitty sandwiches...it is jägerschnitzel for everyone mit eine Deutsch salat mit eine schöne goldene Soße (a beautiful golden sauce). [/QB]

Zählen Sie mich innen. Ich liebe deutsche Nahrung!

quote:

quote:

No need for a funeral and no lil bitty sandwiches...it is jägerschnitzel for everyone mit eine Deutsch salat mit eine schöne goldene Soße (a beautiful golden sauce).
Zählen Sie mich innen. Ich liebe deutsche Nahrung! [/QB]

Can somebody translate that to english please
lol.gif

"Can somebody translate that to english please "

It says, I sleep with the little Elves in Neverland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back