GC Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GC is getting low in my area. I found 10 quarts this week. Most were 412 or so but found 0233 that was green also. Most dates were 01xx or 0521. Don't know how long the GC will hold out.
Noticed somethinge else. It has been said the base oils are the same with the GC and the new stuff but they don't even begin to smell the same if that has any meaning!
GregH

You are right...the new GOLD GC does not have that wonderful sweet aroma that the GREEN did...BUT...your engine doesn't have a nose
grin.gif
...so it is OK

What's the color to do with lube? It is just dye to identify the manufaction date or batch. The later gold could be even better than the green oneAs long as it is PAO based oil at $3.99 a shot. I bought some GC and don't even bother to see look at the color.

I fixed the whole aroma problem by spraying the Gold GC with some Curve cologne! I'd say its aroma now surpasses any other oil including Green GC. My engine has told me numerous times how pleased it is with this pleasantly odoriferous concoction. Ok, now seriously, the Gold GC is by all reliable indications great oil. It even meets tougher oil specs than the Green does FWIW. Please move on to Gold GC so we can get some more UOA's on it to prove its mettle!

A lot of Walmarts in my area have been stocking up with M0501 stock lately. You got it, the last of the green! I've got 7L of the M0501 in my stash actually.

My local Walmart is almost completely out of GC so it'll be interesting to see if they stock up with more M0501, or with newer stuff.

audi guy,
You got it. None in Rome, Summerville, Lafayette, etc. I will be switching over to the new Gold after what I have is gone. As someone wrote the car does not have a nose. As long as it is rated as it is I will continue to use it.
Greg H

Why do threads on Mobil 1 Truck & SUV availability keep getting locked and deleted on the general gas/light duty forum (2 within the last week) when GC gets its own forum and availability threads like this are a dime a dozen??

BTW my local AZ has a whole row of the 02 vintage stuff on the shelf... too bad I don't use it!

quote:

Why do threads on Mobil 1 Truck & SUV availability keep getting locked and deleted on the general gas/light duty forum (2 within the last week) when GC gets its own forum and availability threads like this are a dime a dozen??

Because all is right with the world...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back