GC so good it leaks out of bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
BP have sure "done a job" on the Castrol guys.
I was assured last week that they will remain and trade as brand "distinct" but we would surely be dreaming if their actual products do

Castrol must be a big money spinner for BP on the International scene. The GTX products are being heavily promoted at discount rates

Their personnel have been decimated and their ( old )Distribution network is being treated like a bunch of rogues. Some carriers have opted out of servicing them

For the first time in nearly 30 years I will not be starting any of my gear off from new on their products. This is as a result of their ( BP's ) integration and the likely removal of the original Castrol formulations in gear oils etc.

There are other products out their that are supply stable and their manufacturers remain focused on the user

Regards

BP have some good stuff. Even Visco 3000 is impressive anf 5000 a bargain. They utilise 'stealth marketing' but their tech line is pretty good compared to Mobil. Will be interesting to see what happens long term.

Anyone here old enough to remember the cult classic horror movie, The Blob? Turns out apparently this goo rolling down the streets was just TMP (tri-ester) unleashed! Free "GC", and the dimwitted townspeople were too dumb to take advantage of it in their '57 Fords. (still pouring QS "MS" 30 weight in every 2,000 miles and greasing their U-joints every 1,000 miles - ah, to return to those bucolic times...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back