GC or Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on this board and I would like to get everyone's opinion on which oil should I use for my 2002 Honda Accord V6. I am planning to drive this car in July from Ontario all the way down to Key West. The car has 26,000 km so far with a constant dealer dino diet every 5000 km. From my estimation I will probably putting at least 8000 kms. for the trip and I don't want to get an oil change during the trip. I will be using K&N oil filter, however, I am not sure which oil is better for this engine, GC 0W-30 or Mobil 1 5W-30? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Either would work fine in your ride man...I would look at it from a different perspective though...availability....if for any reason you need to top off...you may be screwed trying to find GC for any top off requirements...Mobil1 you can get anywhere....that would make the decision for me right there.....

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
Either would work fine in your ride man...I would look at it from a different perspective though...availability....if for any reason you need to top off...you may be screwed trying to find GC for any top off requirements...Mobil1 you can get anywhere....that would make the decision for me right there.....

BLASPHEMY!!!! Just put a bottle in a tied plastic sack and stick it in the car...benefits are many..

The ELVES are with you...they will assist in things like..

a) help make you safe by "watching over" you. A little known fact is angels actually do their "internship" as an elf...this helps them to learn to assist people when they become full fledged angels.

b) if your radio goes out, you can listen quietly and hear, "I belief in magic" being sung quietly...great background music...

c) in addition to those two...you get great engine lubrication....

What more is there to life?

Just IMHO, YMMV
darrell
sin city

quote:

Originally posted by BigDenCCMD:
I agree with sgtgeek. On a long trip like that you may use some oil.

In a new car like that??
It shouldn't use any significan amount of oil unless there's something wrong with the engine (leaks etc.)
Especially during the long haul trips when the engine is being operated under virtually ideal conditions!!!

quote:

Originally posted by 04SpecV:
Mobil1, because you can get it anywhere.

Just take a couple of sealed GC bottles with you.
That's it.
Chances are you'll never need to open them up during the trip.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

That's it.

Yeah but you still have to find it to begin with.

Prefect reason to give the new stuff a try and see how good it really is. You should definetly do a UOA after your done. The new GC is 0w30 and is gold not tinted green as before but many believe it still is the same.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

That's it.

Yeah but you still have to find it to begin with.

But remember, he lives in Ontario, and it's super easy to find here. Every Canadian Tire and Walmart store have it in stock. Their supplies never seem to dry up anymore either.

Patman,
We have plenty of this green stuff here in Maple. Walmart and Cdn. tire both carry the elixir. WalMart sells it for $7.77 whilst Cdn. Tire makes a little bit of profit for $7.99.

Patman, do you know any establishment here in Toronto that does UOA? I am thinking of following what Thermo1223 is suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back