GC no MO #

Status
Not open for further replies.
aT AZ today and saw some Castrol Syntec 0w30, 4 were MO501xx, 6 had no MO#'s but read "Made in Germany" on the back, and 4 MO22xx. Opened 1 of the no MO's and saw green so I bought them plus the M0501xxs...total 10qts. The "Made in Germany" was on the right-side of the bottle meaning it should have a MO# in the 4x-51xxx range. Anybody have an idea what the MO# should be?

BTW, I paid $3.99qt, using the Kragen's coupon and AZ willing to price match.

TIA...bgin

congrats on the find. so they have the GC in SLO? i may have to make a trip down there, only like an hour away
smile.gif

quote:

The "Made in Germany" was on the right-side of the bottle meaning it should have a MO# in the 4x-51xxx range.

On the right side of the bottle? Do you mean on the back label? Just because it is "Made in Germany" doesn't mean it should have a MO# in the 4x-51xxx range as there is GC Gold that is M052X and above that is "Made in Germany" as well.

quote:

Anybody have an idea what the MO# should be?

There are a gazillion posts regarding what the MO#s should be for GC Green versus GC Gold, search the current archives or read through the current postings.

I too found some bottles missing the M0# or the MO# was scrunched together (although usually discernible). If the missing MO numbered bottles were with a bunch of proper M0# GC Green, I bought it and will find out when I open it what it might be.

Regards,

Rich

quote:

Originally posted by RichD:

quote:

The "Made in Germany" was on the right-side of the bottle meaning it should have a MO# in the 4x-51xxx range.

On the right side of the bottle? Do you mean on the back label? Just because it is "Made in Germany" doesn't mean it should have a MO# in the 4x-51xxx range as there is GC Gold that is M052X and above that is "Made in Germany" as well.

Rich

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant the back labeling and also was referring to "green" GC only.

quote:

Originally posted by teambeechstreet:
congrats on the find. so they have the GC in SLO? i may have to make a trip down there, only like an hour away
smile.gif

The SLO store at the moment doesn't have any GC, green or gold, but said a new shipment was due Tuesday. I drove to Morro Bay to get mine so all they have left are the 4 MO22xx American made 0w30 Syntec I didn't buy. I believe they received a shipment on Tuesday also. Better call before driving up, SLO ph# is 783-1212 and MB is 772-9383

quote:

Originally posted by '00obw:

quote:

smile.gif

The SLO store at the moment doesn't have any GC, green or gold, but said a new shipment was due Tuesday. I drove to Morro Bay to get mine so all they have left are the 4 MO22xx American made 0w30 Syntec I didn't buy. I believe they received a shipment on Tuesday also. Better call before driving up, SLO ph# is 783-1212 and MB is 772-9383

Do you think they will hold it for about 18 hours?...it takes me a while to get there, even in the Audi.
grin.gif

I cleaned out the SLO and MB stores last week. Good thing I checked ALL the bottles, or I would have been stuck with those 4 bottes of American 0-30.

00 and Team - Where abouts are you located? I'm in Los Osos.

BTW, the new AZ in Santa Maria has at least 12 quarts of GC.

quote:

aT AZ today and saw some Castrol Syntec 0w30, 4 were MO501xx, 6 had no MO#'s but read "Made in Germany" on the back, and 4 MO22xx.

Those without any markings should be M0501.
I have a couple of those.
They were in the sealed case containing M0501's.
Looks like the marking machine was malfunctioning and left some bottles unmarked.

quote:

Originally posted by eliminator:

I'm in AG. Didn't know there is a new AZ in SM. Where at?

[QOUTE]Those without any markings should be M0501.
I have a couple of those.
They were in the sealed case containing M0501's.
Looks like the marking machine was malfunctioning and left some bottles unmarked.[/QOUTE]

How can you say that with such certainty? Who is to say that the machine didn't also malfunction during other production runs?

Unless you are a GC elf and remember the only time the machine ever malfunctioned...

smile.gif

Regards,

Rich

quote:

I cleaned out the SLO and MB stores last week. Good thing I checked ALL the bottles, or I would have been stuck with those 4 bottes of American 0-30.

Man I had a feeling the Morro Bay and SLO stores had GC. I drove 2 hours north today to the one autozone I actually found GC at and they are no longer stocking the stuff. I'm located between King City and Paso Robles, in the middle of nowhere! Morro Bay is about a 45-55 min drive and SLO is about 1 hour and 10 mins away.

quote:

Originally posted by RichD:
How can you say that with such certainty? Who is to say that the machine didn't also malfunction during other production runs?

Unless you are a GC elf and remember the only time the machine ever malfunctioned...
Rich

No, I'm not the one who was operating the machine.
grin.gif

It's just that I've seen a bunch of M0501's with some "defective" markings. And it must be M0501 or earlier since the oil in the bottle is green.
I've got a couple of bottles with no markings whatsoever, at least one with the batch symbols being jammed into a single dot, a couple of others with the symbols unevenly spaced and stretching all the way to the side of the bottle.
And I got a whole bunch of them having "problems" with the placement of the manufacturing time.
It's way high on the side.
Somehow this batch exhibits a very unusual number of the batch printing anomalies.
smile.gif

I've seen hardly any with the earlier batches, e.g. M0428.
grin.gif

quote:

quote:

AZ in SM: S/B us-101, Take the Broadway off. Couple of blocks on the left. Near a Kragan of all places. Good luck.

Rob

quote:

Man I had a feeling the Morro Bay and SLO stores had GC. I drove 2 hours north today to the one autozone I actually found GC at and they are no longer stocking the stuff. I'm located between King City and Paso Robles, in the middle of nowhere! Morro Bay is about a 45-55 min drive and SLO is about 1 hour and 10 mins away. [/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, the "small" stores do not carry GC. Only the big stores. King City and salinas don't have any. Also, the North Santa Maria store doesnt have any.

quote:

quote:

The guy at the SLO one said they never carried it. Hmmm...

He's wrong. I've gotten about 20 quarts there in the last two weeks.

kool, thanks for the heads up. guess ill have to check it out then, said the truck doesnt come around till thurs nites, apparently.

quote:

Originally posted by SMILEY:

quote:

quote:

AZ in SM: S/B us-101, Take the Broadway off. Couple of blocks on the left. Near a Kragan of all places. Good luck.

Rob

I think that AZ store has been there for a while and hasn't seen GC since Feb. when I cleaned 'em out of GC for $1.00qt. Didn't see any today either. That Kragens is relative new thou.

quote:

quote:

Man I had a feeling the Morro Bay and SLO stores had GC. I drove 2 hours north today to the one autozone I actually found GC at and they are no longer stocking the stuff. I'm located between King City and Paso Robles, in the middle of nowhere! Morro Bay is about a 45-55 min drive and SLO is about 1 hour and 10 mins away.

From what I've seen, the "small" stores do not carry GC. Only the big stores. King City and salinas don't have any. Also, the North Santa Maria store doesnt have any. [/QUOTE]

The AZ in Hollister is a pretty small place and had GC, but not any more
frown.gif
Yeah the one in King City, Gonzalez, two in Salinas, and one in Prunedale dont carry it. I just called the AZs in SLO, MB, and SM and none of them have any at the moment. U guys swept them out
grin.gif
! The guy at the SLO one said they never carried it. Hmmm...

The new AZ is toward the south end of Broadway. Take the Betteravia exit over to broadway, then north a couple of blocks. AZ is on the East side of the road. It's a couple of blocks south of Pep Boys. It's a "big" store and has GC on the shelf. The other one on North broadway is a "small" store and I haven't seen GC there in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back