GC made in '04 and not green? Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen a batch in the "4's" that is not green? I checked a few at different AZ in Southern California and they were not green, yet were made in 2004. Any ideas?

Did they have yellow lables and say Made in the US on the back? I'm not so sure that the last of the Us stuff was made in 2002, as there were several bottles in local AZ earlier this year and they cetainly didn't look like they had been sitting for 3 years.

No, they are red label Made in Germany vintage. I have over 70 qt's of green made from 2002 to the last batch in 05, but this is not green GC. I thought I scored when a few stores were loaded with this 04 batch..but again, it was not green. I will be back in that area this next week and will write down the exact batch number.

Tenderloin. I just had the oil changed on
my BMW with GC. When the mechanic at the
shop started pouring the oil, I noted it
wasn't as green as I had thought. I was
going to post this on here to ask the question
how green is GC? I've never used it before
so is it dark, light, greenish brown? This
oil seemed to be a greenish brown color.
All the batch numbers began with M04 on all
six bottles I had.
dunno.gif
Did your oil
have this greenish tint or was is golden?

tenderloin,

1. Do you mean it looked completely different from your Green stock under the same conditions?
The lightning conditions in the store are not sufficient enough to bring out the greenish tint.
2. What were the first 5 digits of the batch # that is supposedly not green.

2KBMW,

Green GC is neon green in color only under certain conditions when looked at under direct sunlight or a very bright source of light.

Here are very good pictures of green GC that were taken with and no flash.

[ October 30, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

Thanks for the pics Vad. The lighting in
the garage wasn't too bright so that is why
it looked greenish brown when being poured.
cheers.gif

could someone open the bottle without tearing that ring. then replaced it with another oil and got his money back? or could it be one of the first formulations of the gold and got out by mistake in 04? I know stuff like that happens. like with the gold sacawhigia(sorry spelling)dollar coin. a few prototypes leaked out with her on one side and george washington face on the other.

Dark Jedi:

You are not alone . . .

"Spelling of her name is controversial
Sacajawea... Sakakawea...Sacagawea

Charbonneau (French trapper with the Lewis and Clark expedition who took her as one of his wives when she was a teenager) stated that her name meant Bird Woman, and in the Hidatsa language the name should be properly spelled "Tsakaka-wias". The name adopted by Wyoming and some other Western States is "Sacajawea", the Shoshone word meaning "Boat-Launcher". The name is entered in Clark's Journal for April 7, 1805 as Sah-kah-gar-wea." (Ralph M. Shane - A Short History of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation

FWIW, Clark couldn't spell very well himself.

In our part of the country it is spelled Sacajawea.

Bob A. -- Yakima, WA

On-topic: I have several quarts of GC batch 0504, and it visibly resembles the oil Tenerloin described, i.e., golden brown with a tinge of green around the edges. I would say that the sample which is the subject of this thread is gold GC. However that happened, given the batch number, is a mystery.

Sorry about the punctuation of the Ralph M. Shane quote. I took punctuation liberties/license for time's sake (I was in a hurry
rolleyes.gif
)

And this is an international forum. Shame on me! PScholte, will you and the elves ever forgive me?
pat.gif

In Mo. I think they spell it with a k.

Hey for all you green oil freaks, I did a little mix in the kitchen this weekend and you may or may not be interested in what i found.
Took 1 part of Mobil TSUV 5w40 and about 2 parts of Delo 15w40 and put in a very clean glass jar, was curious to what this would look like and poor like in the so unscientific freezer test.... well low and behold , the edge of the mix had a distinct green tinge to it , just exactly like the color of the old GC, it was quite interesting (to those of us easily amused). So I did the freezer pour test and then got out a vintage of the bottle of GC, and (for those of you that cannot stand heresy, stop reading now) and poored a dollop of the green in to make it a bit greener even , and at least in my little kitchen jar it seemed quite an interesting mix.

I'll leave you in suspense as to what I did with the resultant remnants.

Edit , i no longer think the old color was the result of any dye whatsoever now, I lean now to it being just a natural artifact of the oils refractivity.

Sorry , no camera here, so anyone really currious will have to repeat the little experiment. However i do say the freezer test was a success, in that plain 15w40 flows like syrup at whatever temp te frezeer is really at, since the fridge is having problems all i know for sure is that it is below 32f , and the .333 to .667 mix flows much better ,
add the small amout of 0w30 and it flows almost like the starting 5w40 fluid , but now with a much darker amber color with the green tinge.

Went back to the inner city Autozone on Monday where I "thought" I saw GC in the 4's that was not green.

As was suggested, when I checked the GC in a more direct light, the most beautiful green glow one could imagine burst from the bottle and cap.

10 more qts for my stash! I left the last 4 qts of the green on the shelf..it started with 49.

If it is stil there when I go back in a few weeks. I'll pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back