GC just a trend???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still pretty new to the board, but are there generally trends that come and go???? Right now GC is the hottest topic on the board. But whats next? What's the next hot product that will spark interest among oil feinds throughout the world? Or am I blowing the whole GC issue out of proportion? I do know that you guys (mostly Patman) convinced me to use the GC and K&N filter on my vehicle right now, and I know I'm not the only one.

It is the most talked about oil on here for sure, and a lot of it is due to it's newness, and it's hard to get status.

But it is a good oil too. It's not the only good choice though, there are many good oils out there.

The problem is that most mass marketed, synthetic lubes sold on the shelf in the US aren't very good, so folks use Mobil 1 by default. Of course, some of us are working hard to correct that oversight ...
wink.gif

The GC, 0w-30 is a viable alternative to Mobil 1 and is worth trying if you aren't getting the results you want from the supersyn formulations ....

Tooslick
www.lubedealer.com/dixie_synthetics

quote:

The problem is that most mass marketed, synthetic lubes sold on the shelf in the US aren't very good, so folks use Mobil 1 by default. Of course, some of us are working hard to correct that oversight ...

Thats all about to change my friend when hopefully Mobil delivers the 0w-30 R and SUV oil. BTW, I don't think Amsoil is that much better then Mobil 1 SS.

I think the change by Castrol to GC and the fact that Mobil is bringing out the R oil and the SUV oil is a clear indicator of a trend. A trend to higher performing oils that meet higher European standards.

Why? Because European cars are taking a bigger percentage of all cars on our streets all the time and because the oil manufacturers want to sell their oils directly to those owners and not through the OEM car manufacturers (read: reap higher margins). It may also be much cheaper for big oil to reduce SKUs by reducing the multitude of formulations and consolidate refineries and formulation locations to save cost and increase margin.

I am convinced that we will see more, better oils coming to market in the near future. BTW, I believe Amsoil to be one of the best oils on the market today and certainly better than M1.

[ December 11, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

Well, it is better than any of M-1's 3 - 30 weights...and people are catching on to the difference/importance of the A3 rating...even if it is from a 30 weight....

But, probably when the next latest and greatest oil comes out, it may be the next trend. eg. the next formulation of M-1 comes out to replace the SuperSyn marketing slogan....that should be....ahmm, let's see...middle of next year???
fruit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back