GC in St George

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 6 qts of GC today at the local AZ today (got it at the $4.39 price by accident) since it was of the 0428x....x vintage. After I got home I looked at the five qts I bought over a year ago at the same store. Had the identical lot number. This would lead me to beleive there is not much turn over in the stock of 0W30 Castrol. The stocker had cleverly mixed German and US 0W30 together on the shelf. Had I not been reasonably alert I might had bought some worthless oil by mistake.

We are confidant that a true lover of The Green is always alert in the presence of the Elixer!
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Nothing clever about it, they just throw it on the shelf as they get it. I have found consistenty that the older stuff is in the back as they typically stock from the front (pushing them back as they go). I will pull all 12-18 off the shelf looking at them all and have found as little as 1 or 2 in the back that were the GC Green (or if I was lucky, all 18 :)

I have also noticed that typically there will be a lot of six together. In other words, if they had some of the DC (domestic Castrol) or a particular lot of GC, there would usually be six of them together as they used a complete case (6 per case) to restock. So, I have found 6 DC first, then maybe 6 of the GC Gold and then possibly some of the GC Green behind it for instance.

Having visisted 20+ AZs in the past 10+ days, I have gotten to know the situation better than I expected. YMMV, but there were clearly some trends.

Later,

Rich - struck out at the one AZ I visited today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back