GC in my '06 Sentra 1.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I stopped by AZ and picked up 3 qts of GC. They are M05122... I couldn't believe that all the bottles of GC had about 1" of dust on top of them.

First thing I noticed was the wonderful smell
grin.gif

After the oil change, I had to take the car for a drive. The engine idles smoother and is much quieter than with Pennz dino. My oil pressure also comes up really fast with the GC.

I'm going to see how my mileage is with the GC since it's a thicker 30 weight, but so far I love it!

Brian

BTW - I'm so happy that I get to post in the GC forum
cheers.gif

lol GC is the best, strange how it changes the oil changing experience. My family has to think I'm mental when I have to sniff the oil and take extra care when filling. Same here: engine idling smoother and much quieter through the RPM band.

Some people with the 1.8s (if I remember correctly) have claimed a MPG loss with GC 0w30 - but my 2.2L Ecotec gets same if not better mpg.

Your oil sump is 3 quarts? Man, sure sounds cheaper than 5.5 quarts for my car
tongue.gif

For my 2003 Sentra GXE QG18DE the fuel economy with GC 0W30 was 7.15 L/100KM, about 32.9 US MPG, this was from July-Oct 2005. Fuel economy for the same time period but in 2004 with Mobil 1 5W30 was 7.01 L/100KM or about 33.6 US MPG.

I'd actually worry (maybe even a lot) about 3 quarts sump. This is just not enough for poor overworked underpowered engine. JMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back