GC in my '06 Honda/Acura: Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by WishIhadatruck:

quote:

Originally posted by teambeechstreet:
I put about 7k on Green GC in my 04 Honda Civic Si (same k20a3 engine as your car) and just recently switched back to Mobil 1 5w-30 and my gas mileage averages around the same... so you arent alone when it comes to the GC not making a difference on fuel economy...

GC is just a little thicker than Mobil 1 5w-30. The question is, what is the mpg difference between GC and 5w-20, not GC and 5w-30.

i thought he was comparing mpg between M1 0w-30 and GC, not GC and 5w-20?

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by WishIhadatruck:

quote:

I put about 7k on Green GC in my 04 Honda Civic Si (same k20a3 engine as your car) and just recently switched back to Mobil 1 5w-30 and my gas mileage averages around the same... so you arent alone when it comes to the GC not making a difference on fuel economy...

GC is just a little thicker than Mobil 1 5w-30. The question is, what is the mpg difference between GC and 5w-20, not GC and 5w-30.

i thought he was comparing mpg between M1 0w-30 and GC, not GC and 5w-20?

He says he uses M1 0W-30 in the winter but 2 different people in the first several posts mentioned that they thought he would be better off running a 20wt oil such as 5W-20 and would get better mpg. 427Z06 said he could tell a difference in a Honda V6 he has and TooSlick agreed there might be a difference. Steelers did mention that he thought GC made his RSX more sluggish than 5W-20 or M1 5W-30 so I guess both oils have been mentioned. Sounds like he's going to try a few different oils so it will be interesting to see what happens.

427Z06,
What year is your Accord - '02? The best I have ever registered for an entire tank was 31.7 (488.4 miles & 15.389 gallons), & this was with my wife driving a large portion during our trip & sporadic use of the A/C. Was your result over an entire tank? Of course, I've never been able to set the cruise for 65 mph for that long.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back