GC in an Acura Integra GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCB

How about GC in well cared for 98 Acura Integra with the VTEC motor.

I run 5/30 in the winter and 10/30 during the summer months.

I notice GC comes in 0/30? I feel like having joined this site I am learning more about oil. But I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Will that work in my Integra. Manual recommends 5/30

Thanks

I think it will perform beautifully in your Acura...the more research I do on this oil, the more I am convinced it has some of the most solid specs of any oil available...a nice balance between longeivity requirements (long OCIs) and performance/protection requirements. The UOAs attest to its anti-wear capabilities. I believe you will really like it.

From what I've read on these boards it's not quite as kindly to japanese engines as to US/Euro ones. I'm not an expert, but i've heard a couple of folks say something like that.

hmmm. Maybe that is why I have had a hard time finding examples.

quote:

Originally posted by cortazzo:
From what I've read on these boards it's not quite as kindly to japanese engines as to US/Euro ones. I'm not an expert, but i've heard a couple of folks say something like that.

my tC got louder with the GC and ran a bit differently. But I got used to it...and now my car seems to run fine. Got another 4000 miles before I switch to a different synthetic to see how it is with Mobil 1

I have 4 quarts of the M0501 stuff with 4oz of synpower oil treatment

oilcanboyd..... Are you still running GC in your R? If not what are you using. I'm tempted to try Mobil 1 but I heard our engines burn that stuff like crazy.

that type-r UOA was just a UOA i found while searching. you will find my two UOAs searching the two words i mentioned above. i have the 1.6L dohc vtec in my civic. im currently at 5800 miles on my current OCI of 4.25 qts. of the green GC and .75 qt. of the amber. my motor burned less oil with GC than it did with mobil 1 10w-30.

Well, I struck the green gold in a nearby AZ. Got 10 qts of M04xx. Gonna use it on my RSX Type-S right after the Auto-RX it is going through.

Let us see how that goes. BTW, it will be going through 7.5K OCIs.

Well at this point I'm a bit torn. Car just hit 100,000. Since joining this site I decided to run two Auto RX treatments on the GSR. This car has been very well cared for but I figured what the heck. At this point I think the motor is incredibly clean.

I had run Havoline, GTX and other good dinos at strict 3K changes. I'm on my final rinse cycle and am torn between giving the GC a shot or switching to MAX LIFE Syn. I have heard great things about both oils! Comments welcomed!

quote:

Originally posted by biodiesel00:
I'm running GC in my S2000 and the Elves scream like they're on a rollercoaster when I go VTEC.

lol.gif

I'm running a Japenese engine; 3.2L V6 on an Isuzu Rodeo with 141K miles.

Just poured in my 1st round of GC on friday night; never got the chance to even turn the key as part of the dipstick broke off in the tube as I was checking the level.

Will let you know what I think of it, and soon as she's back on the road - right now she's on a flat-bed to my good mechanic.

Please do. I would like to hear how this oil performs for you.

quote:

Originally posted by Ramblin Fever:
I'm running a Japenese engine; 3.2L V6 on an Isuzu Rodeo with 141K miles.

Just poured in my 1st round of GC on friday night; never got the chance to even turn the key as part of the dipstick broke off in the tube as I was checking the level.

Will let you know what I think of it, and soon as she's back on the road - right now she's on a flat-bed to my good mechanic.

Your dipstick broke off?
thumbsdown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back