GC in 3.7 Jeep Liberty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the oil changes in my mother's Lib for her, and I have been dying to use GC in something. Since every motor vehicle in my immediate family is a diesel (3 trucks, 1 Jetta TDI), I don't have an opportunity to use it here at home.

Would it be a good thing to try in her Lib 3.7 for a 7500 mi run? Specs 5w-30 and I have been using the MC 5w-30 blend as of late, with decent UOA results on 7500 miles.

I have the same question Strjock81. I have been using RL in my wife's Lib. Last oil change went to M1 5w30. Seems okay - no increase engine noise like some have recently posted with the M1. I wrote it before and I'll write it again - GC is getting sparse. I wouldn't become enamored of it unless you have a large stash.

Strjock81:
I agree with BigDen.
I would do a search in your area to see how plentyfull GC is.

Ya can't go wrong with M1 though.

If ya do find a good supply of GC.
Give it a shot.

My brother is working at AZ this summer while he is home from college, so he has "reserved" some for me if I need it. Who knows, maybe the gold stuff will turn out to be as good?

I am using it in my daughter's Liberty with no problems at all. Second change was just done with this oil. She won't pay for an UOA though
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back