GC Hoarding 1.0 : Irrational Speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to rethink those 4 Deutchland imported cases sitting in the corner....

Bottom line: Is this stuff here to stay?

If yes then maybe we can quit the zealous buyouts.

If no carry on.

Seems with the release of batchs marked 05......., it will last for another year......maybe. A few folks (myself included) are sitting on the fence waiting for some UOAs with the 05 stuff. Recent VOA shows a slight formula change and it no longer has the deep green hue it once had. Castrol being the ever, uh, *dynamic* company it is, and with its recent purchase by BP (2000?), it wouldn't surprise me if the internals have been tweaked. The cutting edge technology with its make up (esters) may have gone by the wayside due to cost or availablity. Or maybe they have sourced something different, who knows? Better or worse? We'll have to wait and see.

who is doing a uoa on the gold GC? anyone?? every thread is saying waiting for someone else to UOA it.

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
who is doing a uoa on the gold GC? anyone?? every thread is saying waiting for someone else to UOA it.

We are vocal but not always courageous!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

We are vocal but not always courageous!
grin.gif

Well since it has become ever more difficult to purchase any additional GC, (read; try to get it by the wife
grin.gif
) I would be willing to fund a small portion of someone's UOA with the 05 batch. Only requirement is some trending with 04 GC for a apples-apples comparison. Now that I've wound up the pitch........batter up!

quote:

Originally posted by liquidtiger720:
...it's too bad this will be my first oil change from castrol gtx to GC.

Maybe not...you might like what the new formulation does for you
grin.gif

I just put in the Gold GC on tuesday the 17. at ~138k miles (I will write down the exact miles when i get in my car again, didnt drive it today) I am really not sure how long I will be keeping it in the car because it is my first switch from dino oil to synthetic. If I do a UOA on the first change, im sure some of the dino oil would be mixed in there. I could do a UOA for you guys (since nobody seems to be wanting to try it out), just tell me how I should clean out the dino oil first. =)

quote:

I would be game, I have 1 UOA from GC, have RP in now for another 1-2 months, and would be willing to do a GGC UOA, but it would be almost 7 months from now for me to get enough mileage.
That and it means I would need to get 4 more qts of oil by my wife (already have almost 90 right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back