GC Green Hunt (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today I went on my first official GC Green hunt. First Autozone - only M053. Second Autozone: the first 20 or so quarts (they had billions) were M053. ...

THEN I saw an M040!!! After that there were 12 quarts of M050s and M051s! People thought I was insane as I cycled through the entire line.

But Now (besides my 16 Quarts of GC Gold) I have 12 quarts of GC Green! (Total of 28 quarts)
tongue.gif

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

"THEN People thought I was insane as I cycled through the entire line."

They just don't get it. I feel sorry for those people.
grin.gif

My question is - Once I clear GC Green out of an Autozone what are the chances they'll have more? I'm guessing it is slim because all of the GC quarts in the front were M053+.

Good thing GC Gold is just as good as GC Green or GC Green would be sold on E-Bay for $200 a quart!
freak2.gif

quote:

Once I clear GC Green out of an Autozone what are the chances they'll have more?

Slim to none.
The last batch of GC Green has left the bottling plant line in Jan 2005.

quote:

May I ask if there are any GC fans nearby? Granada Hills/Santa Clarita/Valencia/Northridge, California?

Yeah I am just over the Magic Mountain(s)
grin.gif
in Colorado Springs.

Wow - lol I was mistaken.

I opened my M0507s and M051s and my M04. THE ONLY green one was the M04
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. Nice color/smell
smile.gif

So, I only have ONE quart of GC GREEN.

Apparently when I opened the M0507s look green when I shined my flashlight down them. But the M040 was definitely green - especially on the cap.

Question: Will it be OK to include this GC Green quart with my 4 other GC Gold quarts???

OriginHacker21: It is OK to mix the green and gold GC...although if you can find a few more quarts of the green GC to make a complete oil change, that would be preferable.

OriginHacker21: You can buy all of the GC you want here in Rancho Cucamonga, CA! You don't even have to search. Walk in any AZ here and you can buy it.

Unfortunately, the price has increased. It's now about $5.19/qt.

I'll definitely go on a hunt this weekend (have a 4 day weekend coming up thx to Presidents Day).

Thanks for the recomendation about Autozones in Rancho Cucamonga.

My Autozones around here are all bought up. They say guys like me come all the time and clean them out on a weekly basis
grin.gif

OriginHacker21:
Also try the AZ in Fontana, On Baseline east of the 15 Freeway, and just west of Cherry Street. I KNOW FOR A FACT they have it; that's the store closest to my house.

Directions: 210 east to 15 north to Baseline Street exit, East. Drive about 1 mile and you'll see the store on the right (south) side of the street.

I'd say 'happy hunting', but it's not a hunt if it's a sure thing!!!
smile.gif

That is perfect because I work in Apple Valley (Victorville) so I go by there all the time.

Thanks for the information! I'll probably stop by Thursday (next time I plan on driving up here).

I have a toy '98 BMW Z3 w/ the 1.9L M44 engine, would Castrol 0w-30 be a better choice for it than Mobil 1 0w-40??? 55k miles

~Sail

I'm not even 100% sure this is the best for MY engine but unfortunately I have the collector's mentality and I love green. I found two bottles yesterday at an autozone, and might just drive up to fontana or rancho to get some. I'm sick, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back