GC(Gold) and Mobil 1 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest UOA. The one on the right was Mobil 1 0w-40. The current one is GC (Gold).

I dont know why my Fuel number is higher, since I am on the same driving habits, which is about 90% highway. The only thing different was that I used a fuel system cleaner, which might have affected the numbers. I am not sure. You guys might know better and could maybe shed some light on it.

Enjoy. I ll post it in the UOA section as well.

-

City driving, short trips, low rpm ops DONOT cause fuel dilute in fuel injected,computer controlled, PROPERLY MAINTAINED ,modern engines.

You have a problem with something but it is not normal.

BTW GC gold did a fabulous job for you in spite of terrible fuel dilute. 2% is out of control for this wonderfully engineered engine.

Stoic check you tune level and ANYTHING that affects tune. Might call Bklabs and ask that analyst what he thinks the problem is. Don't tell them I said to call. HE HE....

Terry

Thank you Terry.

I ll wait till the next one. I wonder if the Fuel system cleaner had anything to do with it.

Maybe I should send you my next sample.

Stoic, don't wait. Please do correct the tune issue.

You can't tell it yet nor can the analyst that worked this but you are NEEDLESSLY wearing the rings by fuel dilute interupting the film on the compression rings.

The reason it looks good is because this oil is so ball busting good.

Love to have your business but correct based on this money spent Bro.

Terry

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
City driving, short trips, low rpm ops DONOT cause fuel dilute in fuel injected,computer controlled, PROPERLY MAINTAINED ,modern engines.

Thank you for saying that. I've never understood how you could have fuel dilution problems in a modern fuel injected engine that is running properly, no matter what the driving conditions.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
...The reason it looks good is because this oil is so ball busting good...

Terry

All the Elves talk about now is "Terry said this....Terry said that." I love ya man but I am getting quite sick of it all.
wink.gif

SD,

Two things on my A4 1.8t engine that caused a higher than normal fuel dilution of 0.5%, although not nearly as high as yours, was a coolant temp sensor reading 5-8 deg C too low and a thermostat opening 8 deg C too soon. The computer was sensing a engine not yet warmed up and was increaing the long term fuel trim causing a too rich fuel mixture. After replacing both the long term fuel trim returned to normal and the engine was much more responsive. Follow Terry's advice don't wait. Have your car looked at. Something isn't right with our engine's tune.

a_g

Thanks guys. I ll have to stop by VW and see whats up. Hopefully it will be covered under warranty.

On the Mobil 1 sample the fuel dilution was 0.5. I wonder what happened. I ll have to bring it in this week.

Stoic, if the VW guys find a problem, consider dropping a nickle in Terry's pocket for the whisper in your ear that saved some needless wear on that engine!

G-man ll,
the problem could be as simply as an injector leaking down after you shut down the engine. Computer controlled engines are not perfect, unfortunately for all of us.
GregH

Yep it is.

Like I said the dealer told me everything is ok, if anything the car is running lean. Exact words are "Ran 5051 TES TS found throttle adaptive settings .8% at idle, -6.3% at any setting off idle. If anything vehicle runs lean but within manufacturers specs."

I wonder if pouring motorcycle oil through the same funnel might have anything to do with it.

This is going to sound stupid, but I wondered if I used the same funnel for the FUel System Cleaner and the Oil if that could be the ase.

The Fuel SC was poured 2 months ago, and I am petty sure I didnt do that, because I have a funnel Labeled "Fuel" sitting around, but you never know.

Thanks for all the advice.

The dealership says the car is fine, if anything it is running a bit lean, but still within manufacturers specs.

They said there was no drip from the fuel injectors and everything else came out fine.

They asked if I wanted a "decarbon" and I said no, since it is $170 and the engine should be fine.

My oil level is kinda on the high side, so I wondered if that could be the case.

I will send a next sample in and see what comes out. After that I am done with sampling. Terry will get that one for an iterpretation.

I think that using the same funnel would have a minimal if any effect, certainly not reduce the flashpoint to 345F and read as 2.0% fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back