GC from VWoA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brikhead,

This is a valuable new piece of info. As far as I know, no one had run across this source of GC...due to cost, wouldn't want to consider it THE source, but interesting nonetheless. You might want to keep in communication with this guy as he may be able to clue us in to what is coming through the pipeline next. Good work!
cheers.gif

$6.61 per quart? Expensive?

Try buying Castrol SLX (aka GC) overhere in Britain. 4 litres is £39.99

At £1.00 = $1.88 that's $17.77 per quart.

Buying it in litre bottles is even even more expensive at £12.99 or put another was: $23.09 per quart !!!
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Paranoil:

At £1.00 = $1.88 that's $17.77 per quart.

Buying it in litre bottles is even even more expensive at £12.99 or put another was: $23.09 per quart !!!
shocked.gif

OUCH!!! Now I don't feel so bad about paying the extra $1.42 per qt.

quote:

Originally posted by Paranoil:

Yeah, what are they complaining about, right?

4 liters of SLX - 250 PLN here (about 80 USD).
frown.gif

The good news, I just came from the local VW dealer w/2qts of "M03" GC. The bad news, they were kind of expensive (@ $6.61 per qt
gr_eek2.gif
)and were the last 2qts the dealer could get for me. Apparently VWoA had stock of GC in the US, but has since made it obsolete. I really only needed 2 more qts to complete a full OC in my stash, all local AZs are dry, so I didn't mind paying a little more to get them. The dealer also mentioned that VWoA currenty has 24 bottles of GC in thier Wisconson warehouse. Unfortuanatly, only WI dealers have access to them since VWoA won't pay the hazmat freight to ship them to another US/Cdn dealer.
Just for the record:
VW Part# for GC - ZVW352030S

[ April 04, 2005, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Brikhead ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back