GC found in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found GC in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada.

Partsource (same as canadian tire)

They had several cases, I purchased 2 cases leaving 5. Strange thing is that they had the US oil in the same stack of cases. cost was 6.99 Canadian.
I cannot wait.

First of all
welcome.gif

Not sure what you can't wait for.

offtopic.gif
OK I want you to know I'm not posting this in your general direction ie personally...

But guys, am I the only one getting sick of these GC posts? This could have been easily placed in an existing thread. OK call me a whiner, but this has zero technical merit. Can we call a general halt? It's not THAT rare any more!

Pablo,

While you gave it 0 points for technical merit, couldn't you at least have come up with some style points?
grin.gif

yeah the guy needs some credit for at least finding the new oil up there in winterpeg. Maybe if Amsoil or Mobil1 came out with a new hard to find/rare oil we could post a whole bunch about it. I still find it exciting hearing about guys locating this GC oil since us Ontario guys seem to be the only ones swimming in the stuff after all these months. Good to hear about others locating the oil too.

The last batch I bought was $6.29 a litre (not that tiny quart bottle they sell in the U.S.), and they gave me 4x the normal Canadian tire money that day because it was on labour day. But I recently seen it sell for $5.99 a litre at Canadian Tire in the past week, good deal.
cheers.gif

[ September 12, 2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Idrinkmotoroil ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
5.5 for completeness, with price. Title is uninspired and makes little sense in terms of eureka value.

Pablo,

I commend you for your willingness to offer up a "gesture of goodwill." Now if I could just get a special deal on S3K 5W30...
grin.gif

Well we have 6 or 7 other posts in the last month or so on GC where this info could have been stuck.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I agree with 'ya Pablo

[ September 13, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

quote:

But guys, am I the only one getting sick of these GC posts? This could have been easily placed in an existing thread. OK call me a whiner, but this has zero technical merit. Can we call a general halt? It's not THAT rare any more!

I'm sick of them as well. Even though I sometimes post repetitive posts, at least I wait a few months/weeks before I do.
grin.gif
If someone has something new to add about GC, how about adding it to an EXISTING thread?
cheers.gif

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just mention that I poured some fresh GC 0w30 into one of my sample bottles, and packaged it up to deliver to the lab this week to get a VOA done on it. It's from the same batch that's in my car now (ending with 0607) so hopefully it'll be a no iron batch. (and hopefully it'll be 12.1 cst like their published specs show, since a few VOAs on here showed it a bit lower)

Also, for anyone in the Mississauga area, the Winston Churchill/401 Walmart still has the same 6L of GC sitting there waiting for someone to buy it.

Cool, more GC VOA's. It's good to have frequent voa's, especially since it seems everyone keeps reformulating as of lately. I have an old spare qt. of S2K Amsoil I might send out. Looks like Amsoil ATM is fully API now with lower P. Hopefully S2k wont' go in that direction.

[ September 13, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

The sad truth is that one of the main reasons I'm doing the VOA is to see how much iron is in the virgin sample. It still bothers me that they've got rusty pipes in their facilities, which is the reason for the iron in the new oil. Although it's so small in size that it's not causing further wear, it's just an annoyance for those of us who want to see low iron numbers in their UOA.

Although I also want to get a starting TBN and viscosity from my lab, to see how these values change after my first 3k run. I'm gonna try and get the lab to run a pour point test and flashpoint test too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back