GC dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely venture into the GC/Euro forum, but spend way to much time on BITOG in general. Yet somehow I had a weird dream last night that I was in Autozone an hour and a half north of here and found 2 qts of GC from 2000, and an opened bottle with 1/4 qt left, plus two other qts of GC gold. The gold had a lower price, but I only bought the two green quarts which rang up higher and I forgot to ask the clerk to price match.

I think the rare 3 weeks of warm, tropical weather here has taken its toll.
gr_stretch.gif

I've never seen GC in local Autozones, so it looks like I need to drive farther if I want to try it.

Where in CA? I'm near Santa Clarita, Northridge, Valencia. All 8 of the autozones around here keep a full stack of GC Gold. Haven't found any GC Green. The Autozone in Apple Valley off the 18 freeway has GC Gold.

lol, I believe pscholte would agree this is the elves calling you and your engine.

"I just gotta dent my oil stash first..." I keep telling myself that and some how I find myself buying BITOG member's GC Greens for sale.
tongue.gif

I've been to Santa Barbara twice, right by the ocean - VERY nice. Nice Barnes & Nobles too...

I believe the elves are calling you back from Maxlife Syn. What car are you running?

I drive a '93 Mazda MX6 2.0L spec'd for 5/10w30. 196k miles, 5k OCI with M1 used from 81k-185k.

Haven't seen any MPG change between Maxlife, PenzPlat, or M1. Never gets cold enough here for the 0w to be beneficial, though.

I'm in Santa Barbara, the store in my dream was San Luis I think.
dunno.gif

My car is a little bit quieter with Maxlife Syn, which is 11.6 cst at 100*, so maybe GC would be a good call too. I just gotta dent my oil stash first, before I buy more.

You bought what two quarts of green?

You said there were two quarts from 2000, and two quarts of gold plus one bottle that only had 1/4 of the quart still in the bottle. Well, the stuff from 2000 was before green, so what green did you buy?

Bob

03 Marauder
02 Continental
01 GoldWing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back