GC Drain Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now that I have GC, what is the drain interval for this oil? If its PAO and ester based it should be good for a long time right? If Amsoil 0W-30 is good for extended drains and its a PAO oil, then this stuff should at least be equal to it. Any help from the resident experts??

My Audi came with SLX and they recommended 10,000 changes. I go 6000-7500 on all oils, so I picked 8000-9000 miles as good for a LL-spec oil. Later I decided to use the calender instead of miles, 2x a year would come to 10,000 miles a change so I decided 3x a year will be best, about 7,000 mile intervals. I can afford it. If I had to give 1 number it would be 8,000 miles provided no other engine problems exist and it is not some exotic Ferrari or Porsche we are talking about, just a regular 'ol car.

[ October 05, 2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: TSoA ]

Thanks guys! And yep mine is a regular 'ol car, or truck in this case, a Chevy S10 with the 4.3L in it. She sees mostly city driving. Also being in NC the winters are mild and summers are HOT!, so we'll see how it holds up. I wont do an analysis on this batch because the old oil will throw off the numbers, but the next batch will get tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back