GC back down to $4.99 at AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to AZ last night to get some rearview mirror adhesive and I took a peek at the oil aisle. I saw that all weights of Syntec oils have gone down in price from $5.38 to $4.99.

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
It depends on the store. Bought some today, shelf price was $5.19/qt. I used the Pep Boys coupon and got it for $3.99/qt. One of the other AZ I checked had it at $4.99/qt, but it was non-GC. [ April 20, 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: blupupher ]

quote:
Originally posted by blupupher: I used the Pep Boys coupon and got it for $3.99/qt.
I've been planning to use the PBoys coupon price match as well..$3.99 good for two cases till 4/30. One can use the Kragen $3.99 Syntec coupon to match as well. Gotta fill the empty spaces of 5qts GC & 6qts Synpower used in the recent ocis for my two rides in the past week....to be replenished with GC. [Cool]

quote:
Originally posted by blupupher: It depends on the store. Bought some today, shelf price was $5.19/qt. I used the Pep Boys coupon and got it for $3.99/qt. One of the other AZ I checked had it at $4.99/qt, but it was non-GC.
This is good news. I did not know that AutoZone would price match.

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
They will price match, but they may give you a hard time about it. First, the match must be done to a local competitor. I can't do Kragen's match because there are none around, but there are Pep Boys. Also, the first store I went to the clerk did not know how to do the price match. The second I went to the store manager said they can not price match oil, the register will lock them out if they try (which is a bunch of crap). I went to a 3rd store, which said they could do a price match, and they only had the M05 bottles (I am not sold on the amber yet). I went back to the first one and the store manager was there and he did it no problem, bought all 12 of the GC they had, left 2 M01 bottles on the shelf. I have 1 more coupon and 2 more stores to check out.

Let's just have another straight out $3.99 sale at Autozone. I pretty much cleaned out my "major supplier" of green '05...they should be restocking...time for a sale.

Gotta love that 3.99 pepboys ad!!! All this GC hunting is great for putting on miles to get my Auto-Rx done, last rinse phase second treatment almost done and then nothing but the green love. WE-IS ND

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
quote:
Originally posted by AndyH: $4.99 here in suburban Philly, just bought 10 quarts of the "04" vintage. I tried to use a Pep Boys $3.99/quart coupon (I've got two coupons) but the manager said he wouldn't price-match. Something about "fixed" oil prices. Oh-well, I'm going to try a different AutoZone tonight.
Yea, I have found it is hit or miss with it. They are not locked out, they just choose not to. I almost want to go to Pep Boys, buy it there (say 5w-30) and then exchange it for GC at the AZ that won't price match.

$4.99 here in suburban Philly, just bought 10 quarts of the "04" vintage. I tried to use a Pep Boys $3.99/quart coupon (I've got two coupons) but the manager said he wouldn't price-match. Something about "fixed" oil prices. Oh-well, I'm going to try a different AutoZone tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by RZ28: So I take it that no Pepboys carries GC ?
To our board's collective knowledge, that is correct.

I saw some GC at an Auto parts store in Monroe CT,about 5 quarts,it was red labeled but I did not check batch number...Store price 6 b b b b bucks... [Eek!]

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
quote:
Originally posted by Big John: I saw some GC at an Auto parts store in Monroe CT,about 5 quarts,it was red labeled but I did not check batch number...Store price 6 b b b b bucks... [Eek!]
Red lable does not = GC. There is an America made Castrol in a red label also, it has the starburst on the front, GC does not.

I took a Pep Boys coupon (Syntec $3.99/quart) to AutoZone today and was able to have it price matched. I got 5quart M05 and 1 quart M04.

Status
Not open for further replies.