GC at AZ in RC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
German Castrol (LOTS OF IT)found at the Autozone in Rancho Cucamonga,CA (corner of Milliken and Foothill, I believe). Sitting on the shelf like it's been there it's entire life. And to think, while on vacation in SF Bay area, I trolled several AZ's before I was able to load up!!!

OH MY GOD!!! REALLY!!! I'm flying out there now to get some!!!
lol.gif
cheers.gif

[ September 26, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

axjohn,

Don't pay any attention to these curmudgeons
grin.gif
. When your car hits 250,000 miles they will be...ahem...green...er, I mean grün with enyy.
cheers.gif

psycolte: Thanks!

I'm new to the board, but I thought I'd contribute. How's the weather in the Springs? I just moved from Boulder to SoCal last month.

LOTS of GC also found at the other AZ in RC, at 9457 Foothill Blvd.

If I didn't already have 6 cases, and only 1 car, I guess I'd snap it up.

quote:

Originally posted by axjohn:

6 cases of 12? WOW! Almost as much as pscholte!
grin.gif

I picked up 6 more bottles this morning, my local Walmart has had them sitting there for a few weeks now, and I felt sorry for them.
smile.gif
Plus it was from the same batch I sent the VOA from, so I know it's 12.2 cst plus under 4ppm of iron.
smile.gif

I'd like to see Castrol and Shell start putting theri better, full synlubes on the shelf like Helix and German Castrol. More choices the better. Mobil 1 has it too easy. GC might be here to stay (hopefully) but I think they should start pushing this oil in the marketing department. Actually, my guess right now is that GC will eventually replace US garbage bc more cars in the US are calling for A3 rated oils and cars in general are becoming more demanding with the oils they require. We have SUV's now with 300HP...
shocked.gif

quote:

the Helix Ultra oils are top notch. The base oil blend is primarily PAO, with some esters and a good dose of XHVI.

From GmanII.
cheers.gif
The ultra one though which is extremley expensive and not available in the US other then Ferarri dealers.

[ September 27, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Mobil 1 is a good synthetic oil, but what ExxonMobil needs more than anything else is some major competition. That is, if companies like Castrol and Shell are up to it.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

the Helix Ultra oils are top notch. The base oil blend is primarily PAO, with some esters and a good dose of XHVI.

From GmanII.
cheers.gif
The ultra one though which is extremley expensive and not available in the US other then Ferarri dealers.

There are many versions of Helix...depending on which version you are mentioning in relation to Ferrari, it may be, I believe, the priciest version they make. I believe Shell could market it at a competitive price here because a large share of the price of European petroleum products is taxes.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by axjohn:

6 cases of 12? WOW! Almost as much as pscholte!
grin.gif

Pat,

Not even close!
grin.gif

Apparently, Midwestern Auto group here in Columbus sell the Helix Ultra 5w-40. I'll have to find out how much they charge for it.

quote:

Originally posted by VeeDubb:
Apparently, Midwestern Auto group here in Columbus sell the Helix Ultra 5w-40. I'll have to find out how much they charge for it.

VeeDubb,

If that is true, you have a "scoop," because the Shell distributor in Denver did some checking for me and the oil was only available in bulk (55 gal drums) at--I believe--Mercedes dealerships---IF---it was available in the US at all. (Apparently, Ferrari dealers also have a primo version of Ultra but it is $60/qt!)

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by VeeDubb:

VeeDubb,

If that is true, you have a "scoop," because the Shell distributor in Denver did some checking for me and the oil was only available in bulk (55 gal drums) at--I believe--Mercedes dealerships---IF---it was available in the US at all. (Apparently, Ferrari dealers also have a primo version of Ultra but it is $60/qt!)

MAG is a Ferrari/Audi/VW/Saab/BMW/Land Rover dealer. I hope they aren't charging $60 a quart. I'll find out Monday.

You may have hit paydirt. I doubt that the primo version would be the only one they have...let's face it, even given the other luxury marques in the group, their owners are not on the same plane as the Ferrari crowd (and I don't mean a DC-10
grin.gif
)!

[ September 28, 2003, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
You may have hit paydirt. I doubt that the primo version would be the only one they have...let's face it, even given the other luxury marques in the group, their owners are not on the same plane as the Ferrari crowd (and I don't mean a DC-10
grin.gif
)!

I hope you are right. The part that concerns me is that they do have separate parts departments for each brand and if the Ferrari dept. is the only one that carries Helix, it could very well be $60. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back