GC at AZ in RC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
VeeDub,

Please do post what you find out...I am curious...if it is the $60/qt oil, it works; Ferrari won another race, the US Grand Prix at Indy today.

The 5W-40 Shell helix Ultra costs around 11-13$ in Greece and this price is the same for almost all the 5W-40 in the market here. Other than the flash
point (403F) which is low for my taste it looks like a decent oil.
The funny thing about ferrari is that (if i remember correctly) they managed to reduce by far the number of their blown engines when they switched from agip to shell. Of course they had changed everything else in their team too when they made the oil company change.
wink.gif

yannis if that is the same Shell Helix ultra 5W40 as we have here in Oz it's the worst performing syn of all time with respect to anti-wear on our Timken tester and that's saying something. BP Visco 5000 5W40 eats it but then so does anything else.

Patman; sorry, only 6 boxes of 6 each, total of 36 quarts.

This equates to 9 oil changes in my car, so at 1 change every 10,000 miles, my car will see 240,000 miles before I need to buy another quart of oil!!!!

Maybe I'll just cut the OCI to 7500 miles!

Suggestions for OCI on a 2.3 liter normally aspirated Saab? Seen synthetic it's entire life.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
VeeDub,

Please do post what you find out...I am curious...if it is the $60/qt oil, it works; Ferrari won another race, the US Grand Prix at Indy today.

Pscholte,
Called MAG today and they have the Shell Ultra Helix 5w-40 in stock for the bargain basement price of $20 a quart. Hey, it beats $60.

quote:

Originally posted by VeeDubb:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
VeeDub,

Pscholte,
Called MAG today and they have the Shell Ultra Helix 5w-40 in stock for the bargain basement price of $20 a quart. Hey, it beats $60.

Thanks for the info. The $20/qt stuff must be the oil for "the more common" luxury and exotic vehicles in the MAG stable, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back