GC at a yard sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a yard sale in my neighborhood this past Sunday.The lady that was having it told me her husband had just recently died and she was getting rid of some "junk".All the tools were still in the shed,along with 6 quarts of 0W30 GC! I asked her how much for the oil..."Is a dollar a quart too much"?....she asks!
After giving her a $5 dollar bill (which is all I had on me),I now have in my possesion 6 quarts of "GREEN" GC!
fruit.gif

Well, at least maybe he will rest in peace knowing that someone that appreciates the oil now owns it.

quote:

Originally posted by JavaMan:
Well, at least maybe he will rest in peace knowing that someone that appreciates the oil now owns it.

Or he will roll over in his grave knowing someone took advantage of his poor mourning widow.

quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:

quote:

Or he will roll over in his grave knowing someone took advantage of his poor mourning widow.

Second that one.

Maybe his soul will be consoled knowing that the person who bought it really appreciates GC. When I kick the bucket, I hope a fellow BITOGer gets my stash. Just don't cheat my wife too bad!
smile.gif

Maybe some of you freaks with with enough oil stacked up in your garages to run a small country for a week should have a heart and think of your fellow BITOGers when its time to write your wills!

quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:

quote:

That was my take, but I wasn't going to say anything.

If it were me, I'd go back and give the lady a fair price. Show some character.

quote:

Originally posted by Steelers:
Maybe some of you freaks with with enough oil stacked up in your garages to run a small country for a week should have a heart and think of your fellow BITOGers when its time to write your wills!

I'm taking it all with me! As good as it works in my motor's vains, I bet green GC would make excellent embalming fluid!
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Volvohead:[/qb]

If it were me, I'd go back and give the lady a fair price. Show some character. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Are you for real? If you come across a good bargain at a yard sale,and you know the price is low,are you going to offer more then whats listed? NO,I DON'T THINK YOU WILL!
twak.gif

What could be more appropriate to take with you to the afterlife than the one true "Elixor of the Gods"?

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:

quote:

Originally posted by Volvohead:

If it were me, I'd go back and give the lady a fair price. Show some character. [/QB]

Are you for real? If you come across a good bargain at a yard sale,and you know the price is low,are you going to offer more then whats listed? NO,I DON'T THINK YOU WILL!
twak.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, I would. The poor lady had no idea what she had or what it was worth, she trusted your opinion, and you took advantage of her ignorance. And then you came here to crow about it.

I don't take advantage of widows and those who don't know better. It's called common decency. That really seems to bother you for some reason.

Enjoy the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back