GC around Pittsburgh, Pa??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a few containers at the local autozone in washington, pa. Other than that all I can find is the yellow 0w-30 castrol syntec (Made in the USA) Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some more. Im down to 3 quarts and would like to stock up.

Thanks,

Jason

BTW I checked the Advance Auto Parts and they do not carry it. I also checked a few Pep Boys and they do not have it either. I live in the south hills but I will commute to pick up some more.

THX washington is now out of gc and only has the U.S. version now. BTW how does the U.S. version stack up against the german version? It still says it meets the BMW/VW/MB specs.

McKeesport doesn't have any. I was just there today after work. I could have saved you the drive out to Latrobe. I checked that one a couple weeks ago. No go. I've yet to find the stuff in the Pittsburgh area. It's all domestic.

could the auto zones jsut be putting out the yellow label and keeping the GC in the back. as an atempt to push the old yellow out the door. they prob see they sell alot of the 0w-30 but see the old yellow still on the shelf and prob wonder why it dont sell.

> could the auto zones jsut be putting out the
> yellow label and keeping the GC in the back. as an
> atempt to push the old yellow out the door. they
> prob see they sell alot of the 0w-30 but see the
> old yellow still on the shelf and prob wonder why
> it dont sell.

No way, they just aren't that sophisticated. You can ask at the counter how many bottles of any particular oil they have in inventory and they will tell you.

Most of their inventory is maintained at certain levels predetermined based on sales. Every week, a truck rolls around and replenishes (usually on a certain day). Usually, particularly where the lighter weight oils don't sell as well, you will only find 12-16 quarts of GC on the shelf at a time, rarely is there any in the back. I have also found at some Auto Zones that there is no "back inventory" for oil, what you see on the shelf is just about it for all their oils as there is no space behind the racks.

Those stores that did have a back area, I usually helped myself to that area to look for GC (as they have always just left me back there to dump oil, etc.). I only found about one in more than 20 stores that had GC in the back (and it was GC Gold). There is also no rhyme or reason to how they store it on the shelves, usually, if they front load the shelves, the older stuff is in the back (and usually where I found GC). So, I always emptied the rack to look at all the bottles.

Regards,

Rich

quote:

they front load the shelves, the older stuff is in the back (and usually where I found GC). So, I always emptied the rack to look at all the bottles.

I see AZ folks are just as lazy in Yankee land
grin.gif
as they are in Dixie. That's my experience as well.

For my first purchase of GC I found 21 qts. in a nearby AZ. I bought all of it.

I want to try this oil.

I think I cleaned out the supply in the Wilkinsburg AZ about 2 months ago. I scored about 15 bottles of the green stuff back then...

FOUND IT!!

I just bought 6 of the 10 qts of GC at the AZ off the Butler exit on the turnpike. I was up there for fire school and decided to stop on a whim. Sure enough, the first 10 qts on the shelf were GC. Behind that was the domestic stuff. I don't know if it's the green or the gold. I know it's 05XXX.

You should never be afraid
Of any oil the Elves have made
So don't worry, whether Gold or Green
It will keep your engine clean

So keep on searching 'zone to 'zone
As you all know your not alone
BITOGers come from near and far
To put the best stuff in their car!

I drive past the AZ in Mckeesport every day. Stopped in today and picked up their last 6 quarts of GC. Must be new stuff, it's M053. I didn't have to dig, it was right up front. After the 6, I started hitting the domestic Syntec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back