GC and Honda - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just installed GC green in my wife's '99 Accord 2.3 litre I-4 and it loves it! I also own a 2003 Accord with the 2.4 litre I-4. I've been running M1 or PP 5w-20 with no adverse effects. In fact, based upon what I've read here, 5w-20 is good stuff. However, my positive experience with the wife's car has made me curious; in fact, I'm considering switching my 2003 over to GC after the PP runs out. If your car or truck needs 5w-20 and you've used GC, what has been your experience? I am really an not concerned with a drop in gas mileage because I do not put major miles on either car, nor am I concerned with a drop in power because I typically drive gently and do not tow anything. My only concern is car longevity. Have you experienced anything positive (i.e. smoother running, really good UOA etc.), negative (funny noises, bad UOA), or has GC made no difference either way (i.e. either a good 5w-20 or GC will be fine)? Thank you for your experiences.

I put GC (Green) in my 05 Accord and it was very sluggish. Tempted to try it again at some point to really see if it was the oil. Runs great on M1 0w-20.

buster,

The problem you now have is that the Elixer KNOWS you have questioned its efficacy. You might be better off staying with the M-M-Mo-Mob-Mo-bi....I'm sorry I just can't say it.
wink.gif

Well, since Elves try to be completely honest (while also being kind) I have to tell you they are having a time with the b-man. He has been quite an antagonist...but maybe...someday...
dunno.gif

I'm considering GC for the wife's 1998 CRV auto w/100k. I have a lot of GC and some is getting old. I want to do long 6 month 8000mi intervals. Why not?

Butt-dyno says GC made my RSX feel sluggish. After this 10K run I'll go back to a 20 weight oil, maybe try PP. Previously ran 5w30 M1 and while the engine reved free it was noisy.

I'm much happier using a 20wt oil in the small Honda 4cyl engines. I would like to try GC, but I do think it's a bit too thick for such a new engine. The 20wts put up great numbers. For the RSX, RL 5w-20 is the ideal oil, IMHO.

I put GC in my Base RSX. Mid rpm is a bit stiffiled, but hard throttle & max rpm is sweet. Very quiet and smooth. Waiting to see mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back