GC and Complex Esters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of an addednum to the post on the possible appearence of Domestic Castrol 0W30 ....

When Green came out Molekule noted that GC had di-esters and that was part of its secrets.

Someone[Terry Dyson?] however mum indicated it is similar in chemistry to Synergyn. Are their any other oils also similar? There just was something about the Green my engine liked (economy or quiet?) .... just can not scientifically prove it here
smile.gif

I am preparing my lubro-contigency options in case Castrol pulls a switch-a-roo to Group III or a dumbed down bean counter formula. Redline,AMSOIL S2K,S3K(0&5W30) and Synergyn 3W30 are in mind.

Terry has said Penzoil Platinum is closest to GC in terms of chemistry. I think it was the PAO derived esters of GC that made it very good.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
I am preparing my lubro-contigency options in case Castrol pulls a switch-a-roo to Group III or a dumbed down bean counter formula.

Even the bean counters are not creative enough to be able to significantly dumb down the formula and still keep it conformed to the very tough GC standards.

I knew a girl named Esther
And I never saw her smile
This is quite remarkable
Because I knew her for a while

So one day I had to ask her
Did she delight in her friends to vex
Then she looked at me.....and smiled
I tell you Esther was complex!

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Terry has said Penzoil Platinum is closest to GC in terms of chemistry.

What he meant was the design philosphy behind the PP chemistry is analogous to that behind the GC chemistry. He did not mean they share the same chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back