GC a true synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a little weak, but bare with me.
I was looking at GC at autozone and noticed that the bottle says for sale in the US only, I know GC is made in Germany but that does not mean the packaging or printing is. Is it possible it is a GroupIII so Castrol says only for sale in the US because most of the world does not allow groupIII labled as a full synthetic?

quote:

Originally posted by Oilonthebrain:
I know this is a little weak, but bare with me.
I was looking at GC at autozone and noticed that the bottle says for sale in the US only, I know GC is made in Germany but that does not mean the packaging or printing is. Is it possible it is a GroupIII so Castrol says only for sale in the US because most of the world does not allow groupIII labled as a full synthetic?

The oil in the bottle is Castrol Formula SLX, a fully synthetic Group IV and Group V based oil, that is made in Germany and shipped over here in drum lots to be bottled as Castrol Syntec 0w30. The labeling reflects the language that is found on all domestically bottled Syntec.

The sole reason for the wording on Castrol's North American products is because of the registered trademark that is on the bottle. It has nothing to do with the product inside of the bottle. The "For Sale Only In North America" is to prevent infringement rights of the other blending facilities throughout the world. Remember, Castrol is not a oil company,, but a blender and marketer like Amsoil.

It is funny how my company's logo is recognizable any where you go on the planet,, and so is Castrols. However, Castrol's logo is different from one country to another in many respects yet it is still recognizable and a common household word.

BTW, when I wrote to Castrol in Germany many months ago to inquire about the basestock of the SLX they assured me that it was 100% group 4 oil. To compliment this base fluid is a proprietary additive package that balances the blend and in their opinion provides the best overall oil on the market (their words,, not mine
grin.gif
)

[ January 31, 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: FowVay ]

quote:

the bmw longlife 01 spec that GC meets requires a full synth

If BMW HP Synth is Castrol Softec TXT, I believe Softec is listed under HC Synth on Castrol.de website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back