GC 6100 miles, 14 months ,98 Crown Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
52,807 miles on vehicle, 6100 miles on this oil (Oct/04 - Dec/05). This oil is combination of M0304 and M02. Maybe that explains why the used oil sample has higher additives than the virgin sample wich is M0304. I am now out of M02 and could not get any analyzed. The oil filter is a Ford Long Life and a Fram air filter. One litre of oil was added during this run. Metro Tech flagged the high silicon level and advised an oil change. I'm disappointed with the silicon level. The first number represents the used oil sample, the second number the virgin sample.

Used oil New oil

Lead 1 0
Copper 2 0
Aluminum 2 1
Silicon (Flagged) 42 3
Iron 17 3
Chromium 0.8 0
Zinc 950 880
Magnesium 146 132
Nickel 0.8 0
Sodium 7 7
Calcium 2000+ 2450
Phosphorus 786 814
Molybdenum 8 1
Boron 7 2
Manganese 17 0
Viscosity 12.54 12
Water 0
Solids Glycol No
Fuel Dilution No

Any suggestions?

Your wear is still good. I would still check the seal around the filter and make sure the duct fron the filter bnox to the manifold is not leaking at all.

I think you're right, Al, it does seem like a air filtration problem. Or perhaps some gunk which contains silicone became dislodged by the cleaning action of the oil. What is the oil change history of this engine; maybe it's time for an AutoRx treatment?

The car has had excellent maintenance in the past, oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles and synthetic oil. My next run is Mobil 1 synthetic, a Super Tech oil filter and an Amsoil air filter. I will do oil analysis at about 5000 miles to see if there will be any difference. I will check for air leakage, thanks for the advice.

14 months ..only 6k

Unless you drove only longer trips and let it sit the rest of the time ..this is a great report IMO.

Can we also assume .."Alberta"??

No fuel ..no water ..visc in line (thickened ever so slightly)..low insolubles.

What would anyone say if you threw the silicon out the window? Perhaps the FE is a little high on a ppm/mile basis.
dunno.gif

At that rate (time)...the engine may show signs of issues in 3 or 4 generations.

Yes, Edmonton, Alberta. I am retired and the car is used for short trips within the city. Considering the car was used through all four seasons, perhaps the UOA isn't that bad.

Not at all. Sure there's stuff to check like the filtration ..but otherwise ..not a whole lot to be critical of
dunno.gif

Congrats! You're in the extended OCI club. No, you didn't go 10k miles + ..but you've broken the one year barrier by a decent margin.

Such courage is not common. I salute you.
canada.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back