GC 4700 Miles 2004 WRX STI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the moly. There's still about 3/4 qt of Red Line in there. It looks like GC is a real winner but your next OCI will absolutely confirm this.

yeah I was going to say the GC was benefitting a bit with the left over moly levels, great report though, I'd love to see more GC reports on this vehicle, keep them coming and thanks for sharing.

It appears the Pb on that 3rd run of RL stabilized down to 5ppm. Is that correct? What was the TBN of the RL? How did the car feel with the RL vs GC?

The engine was still breaking in during these early Redline runs. So you really can't compare these sets of data.

If you go back to using Redline for 2-3 changes in a row now that the wear rates have stabilized, you'll also see very low numbers, even for bearing wear.

Tooslick

Great report! I'd like to point out that your UOA has lower than average insolubles and fuel dilution. In the 2.0L WRX, fuel and insolubles usually go up to ~0.5% by 5k miles. Maybe GC is the solution for us?

However, I have 20 bottles of Mobil 1 EP 10w-40 to be used so cannot try the GC. I am very interested in how the gold GC does and whether there is any consistency in terms of low fuel dilution and insoluble performance in our Subies.

quote:

Originally posted by SilverGGA:
However, I have 20 bottles of Mobil 1 EP 10w-40 to be used so cannot try the GC.

I can't promise anything, because the Elvish ones can be capricious at times, BUT, if you leave the M1 on your front porch with a BIG plate of cookies and milk (they don't have beer and schnitzel when they are driving) the Elves MIGHT just exchange it for you, turning it into a pot of GOLD...yup. Now if you were to leave it in your Porsche parked out front, I think you'd score for sure.

This is the ONE example where we do see RL's Pb # drop significantly after being used 3 times in a row. I wanted to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back