GC 0W30, VW 2.0L 8V, 4601 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
previous report

basically the same use, oil filter, etc.

code:

Al 2

Fe 9

Cu 7

Pb 7

Mo 71

Mn 1

K 4

B 3

Si 9

Na 4

Ca 2783

Mg 99

Ph 744

Zn 849

visc 67.3

flash 375

fuel 0.5

insol 0.3%

all else 0

the moly is surprising. is that old plating coming off, or just that much mixing in from the leftover redline?

thanks.

-michael

Great report you can't complain about this one. Looks like it could have gone further. Unfortunately no TBN

Nice report. GC never fails.....can't find the oil on a regular basis so until that improves I won't be using it.

TBN would have been nice. This oil is capable of 10k miles.

actually, i was thinking the original report on schaeffer's looked a lot better. that oil cost me half what GC did, and is actually easier to get a hold of.

-michael

Yeah if you aren't going to do any longer drains, might as well go with the Schaeffers.

I'm sure your bearings have not fully recovered from the beating you gave them with that detonation.

quote:

Originally posted by BlackF250:
How much make-up oil have you added? I know that the 2.0 usually consumes a little oil.

i have read that a few times, but this particular car has never burned any oil. it doesn't even visibly budge from the initial level.

-michael

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Nice report. GC never fails.....can't find the oil on a regular basis so until that improves I won't be using it.

Pssst, Buster....I know where you can find 168 qts!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

grin.gif

Holy cow, your GC bottles are reproducing! Last I heard you only (only?) had 144 quarts.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

grin.gif

Holy cow, your GC bottles are reproducing! Last I heard you only (only?) had 144 quarts.
grin.gif

Pat,

You have GOT to keep up!
wink.gif

PS My lovely bride recently reorgnized the store room which also houses my oil cellar. Afterwards, she asked me, "Do you KNOW how much oil you have?" Gotta love her!

[ April 11, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

But I bet pscholte doesn't have your German Castrol Bed Sheets Patman.
grin.gif

lol.gif

I came in the house with 10 more liters of GC the other week and my wife just shook her head as she saw me placing it in the shrine. "more oil?" she said, "like you need it!"
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
lol.gif

I came in the house with 10 more liters of GC the other week and my wife just shook her head as she saw me placing it in the shrine. "more oil?" she said, "like you need it!"
cool.gif

Pat,

I know...I know...it is SO sad when they don't understand.
wink.gif

Autozone by my house has 40+ GC on the shelf, and the next closest has 20 or so bottles.
I just have 8 right now, gonna wait and see how the engine runs on the GC before I get more (about 2 weeks till the oil change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back