GC 0w30 vs. US 0w30 UOA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ran back to back UOA's of GC vs the US Syntec 0w30 in their vehicle? Just curious to see if there is a noticeable difference in wear to justify all the hype of the German stuff vs. the domestic stuff.

thanks
Paul

The US made stuff has not been on the shelves for a few years. I use the GC because of the VW approvial ratings that it has, and the US made stuff does not.

Hasn't it been concluded that ALL the USA 0w30 Syntec is old stock?
dunno.gif

I have yet to see any pictures or hear tale of current production USA Syntec 0w30. I don't think it exists.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
dunno.gif

I have yet to see any pictures or hear tale of current production USA Syntec 0w30. I don't think it exists.

Sorry to have even a slight bit of cynicism, may the elves please forgive me, but.......we have all seen the post by double dee where the 04 and 05 batches are color compared. Might this suggest a formula change? Maybe using US 0W-30 in "old" bottles showing ACEA A3, MB229, BMW LL etc. ratings? Wouldn't be the first time Castrol has been, um, putting their spin on things. Anyway, lots of GC still in the shrine and IF the newer 05 version proves to be different, I'll be like Patman and buying up all the 04 stuff I can.

quote:

Originally posted by shortyb:

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
dunno.gif

Sorry to have even a slight bit of cynicism, may the elves please forgive me, but.......we have all seen the post by double dee where the 04 and 05 batches are color compared. Might this suggest a formula change? Maybe using US 0W-30 in "old" bottles showing ACEA A3, MB229, BMW LL etc. ratings? Wouldn't be the first time Castrol has been, um, putting their spin on things. Anyway, lots of GC still in the shrine and IF the newer 05 version proves to be different, I'll be like Patman and buying up all the 04 stuff I can.

shortyb,

The Elves recognize no versions of the Elixer except those they have personally formulated and blended. If Castrol has changed the formula from the Elixer of Love, Life, Peace, Happiness and Fufillment of BITOGers' desires, no apology to the Green Ones is necessary.

man, you guys are crazy....
tongue.gif
grin.gif

although I did go out and buy $350 worth of this magical stuff at 7 different AZ's this past weekend, so I don't know if I am all that sane myself
dunno.gif

JRHAWK9,

You are as sane as the rest of us...here, I'd like to introduce you to a couple of my GC compatriots
gr_eek2.gif
gr_stretch.gif
I believe you will feel quite comfortable here among us, won't he, Rheinhold? Um-m-m...Rheinhold...Rheinhold...sorry, as Elves go he is kind of shy.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
If Castrol has changed the formula from the elixer of Love, Life, Peace, Happiness and Fulfillment of BITOGers' desires, no apology to the Green Ones is necessary.

Well lets hope I'm apologizing then. I seriously do not know how I will explain to the wife that I need another XXX bottles of the elixer. It was bad enough the first time but eventually she called off the "white-coat" guys and just let me be. I don't know if she would appreciate the differences(?) between 04 and 05 batches, may have to try something along the lines of a wine/vintage/year analogy to drive the point home
smile.gif

[ March 11, 2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: shortyb ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back