Gave Up On Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sell it, it's sure to snow! LOL. I now if I bought one, it'd never snow again.

Good luck with your sale. Do you get that little snow in NE?

Do you have another snow blower to replace that? I couldn't live without my 2 stage snowblower. Our winter has been milder this year, but there are years when I'll use the snowblower more than 20 times for the season.

We got 5 inches of wet snow once. Just barely had anything to blow a day later. These blowers are extra. I'll probably put them in the shed after taking out the 12 mowers that are stacked on top of each other to get ready for Spring.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
If you sell it, it's sure to snow! LOL. I now if I bought one, it'd never snow again.

01.gif

I bought an old Toro 521 just after Christmas. Turns out, Chicago had no recordable snow for the months of January and February for the first time in 146 years, I don't even know if the blower will blow snow.

LOL! Looks good!

It's been an easy winter as far as snow goes for us too. I've only run through 2 tanks of fuel on my main snowblower this year. Maybe 6-7 uses. I'm good with that!

I think I may have put on less than 2 hours on my blower this season.. I never changed the oil last season as I had very little hours on it... thinking, Hey! I will put many hours on it next season and change it then.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Sun thrower?

Haha I saw that too. I'm guessing a tanning bed is included? :p

Ya know what snow blowers can really throw is fallen leaves. I've had enough snow this yr to fix a few things and try them out. I was gonna change the oil but, it was barely used last winter. February was the warmest on record for Boston. Even when the day was cold, it was just average for winter.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

Now? Guess my k key is sticky.

I'd buy one of those even for just 1 big storm per season. Wife keeps hinting it's time to hang up the shovel and get a blower.

I'm in NJ and we had 1 snow storm, between 10-12 inches. Got my 2 year old snow blower out of the garage fueled her up, fuel poured out of the bowl after I filled the dry fuel tank. I took it off the bowl and put it back on, no fuel leak but no start either. I had to revert to my back up plan, the shovel
cry.gif
. Hopefully we have no more snow this season. I learned a valuable lesson, make sure the snow blower works before it snows
06.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
I'm in NJ and we had 1 snow storm, between 10-12 inches. Got my 2 year old snow blower out of the garage fueled her up, fuel poured out of the bowl after I filled the dry fuel tank. I took it off the bowl and put it back on, no fuel leak but no start either. I had to revert to my back up plan, the shovel
cry.gif
. Hopefully we have no more snow this season. I learned a valuable lesson, make sure the snow blower works before it snows
06.gif

Whimsey

I actually did that at the end of fall, spent a couple hours atleast on it getting it running well. New fuel line and shut-off, plug, replaced the press in grease fittings with threaded, etc. Been sitting infront of the GTI in the garage ready and willing since then. Been wanting to put it in storage mode, but as soon as I do... We've had a couple 2+ feet snows in March and even April.

I used mine twice.. once was when I was adjusting the rpm with about 4" of snow.

I just saw a new toro 724qxe on craigslist.. soo tempted.

I used mine a couple times ... a LOT more than last year (almost zero). I was tempted to take the snow tires off the car and tear into my snowblower, putting rubber shims on the second stage impeller paddles. I'm glad I didn't.

It looks like a Nor'easter for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yeah, what happened to snowy winters? 2 stage Ariens hasn't been used in 2 years and has 9.9 hrs on it after 5 seasons...little single stage Toro was used twice this season for a total of about 1 hr.

At this rate these snowblowers will last a lifetime.

I actually had mine out yesterday for 20 minutes to clear some old snow to access some round bales. Thats about it...... Still not enough hours to even think about changing the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back