Gave the old girl a bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For being 11 years old, she still cleans up OK...

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Looks fantastic. What'd you use?

Thanks. Just Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. The car hasn't seen any wax in 4 years, shame on me...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Thanks. Just Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. The car hasn't seen any wax in 4 years, shame on me...

LOL, she's a beauty.

I have often wanted to wash my workplace truck, show a shiny picture here, and then have people guess which wax I used. Answer.....none in 5 years.

I detail my vehicle once in the spring and again in the fall, only washing it a few times when it is really filthy. I believe that many overzealous car maintainers do more damage to their finishes by over maintaining them, polishing/correction, weekly washing, etc..

But, to each their own regarding their sicknesses, er, I mean interests.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Nice. Did the 240D today. Not bad for 32 years old!

E6DF5337-6FFE-4566-9F4D-FECA37CD6526-985-000000E3966C105F_zps763e263f.jpg

That's 105 in California years. Very nice.

is the engine original on the BMW? Im pretty sure the Mercedes is the original those old Mercedes were great the new ones not so great!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I've had the same experience with Meg Gold Class for every car wash. My clear-coated garaged stable doesn't require any waxing.

My brother-in-law has either '02 or '03 530i with the same color but his isn't as clean looking as yours, his headlight is severely hazed. He only wash his cars 2-3 times a year, and wax may be once during the 10 years he has his BMW.

I remember when Consumer Reports tested that year of 5 series and declared it to be the finest sedan they'd ever driven.

Coming from them, that's one heck of a comment!

Beautiful car 'ol boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back