Gave ARX another try

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone host some photos for me??

This is my 3rd application and still disappointed about the gunk on the valve train.

1991 Nissan pathfinder currently have 176K miles. I did 2 treatments that was finish at 142k miles and posted some photos on here, valvetrain had gunk on it. I did another ARX treatment just once this time and finish the treatment at 175K miles, valve train look identical at 142K miles. I bought this truck with 100k miles and the valve train was clean no photos however. Ran amsoil until I did the first arx treatment after that nothing but chevron at 4K miles OCI. PCV valves replaced every 30K miles, truck runs great and still gets the advertise MPG.. I don't mind varnished on the valvetrain but gunk on it? YIKES..kinda makes me wonder if I'm just wasting my money on this product..

Last edited:
Any idea what kind of lubrication the valvetrain gets? Where is this gunk located exactly?

Don't you dare question the cleaning ability of ARX without at least using six more bottles! You're obviously doing something wrong as no one has ever had ARX do nothing for them!

Just kidding. If you've used a product three times and had no results, there's nothing wrong with you, there's something wrong with the product in regards to your application. Use something like MMO or Seafoam for a couple of treatments. If you want to knock it all out at once, grab some K+W Engine Cleaner. I prefer not to knock everything loose all at one time unless I have access to the oil pan screen, so something like MMO run for the last 500 miles before your OC will do the trick.

Not quite so if you use Auto-Rx 1-2-3 times and got no benefits there is something wrong with your understanding and implimentation of the application process.

Thats why i reformatted these applications. Auto-Rx works if you work it.

I am still waiting for your e-mail with the order number and date you say you purchased Auto-Rx.

In fact e-mail me your name to [email protected] and i can look it up that way.

I will post my apology on bitog if it proven you ever bought Auto-Rx

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Frank
Not quite so if you use Auto-Rx 1-2-3 times and got no benefits there is something wrong with your understanding and implimentation of the application process.

Thats why i reformatted these applications. Auto-Rx works if you work it.

I am still waiting for your e-mail with the order number and date you say you purchased Auto-Rx.

email sent. I followed the instruction to the T and used nothing but dino oil.

In fact e-mail me your name to [email protected] and i can look it up that way.

email sent, I followed the instruction to the T and use nothing but dino oil..On the first 2 application the instructions back then says to add 2oz of arx for every quart of oil wwhich is what I did. and on the last 3rd application I added the whole 12 oz bottle like suggested.. My nissan has a 4 quart sump.

Last edited:
Stang5,

Something is not adding up here. The valve train was clean at 100K. Then ran amsoil(very good oil), until 142K and at that time the valve train was filled with gooey stuff. I assume that the amsoil was run for acceptable oil change intervals and not run for 42K. So what caused the motor to gum up on the top end in the first place?

Sprintman has a plausible theory that the motor is running cooler than spec. Any chance of any coolant disappearing slowly over time? Any blockage in the tubing that your pcv valve is attached?

IMO, it sounds to me that the gooey stuff is forming as fast as you can clean it.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
Don't you dare question the cleaning ability of ARX without at least using six more bottles! You're obviously doing something wrong as no one has ever had ARX do nothing for them!

Here we go. I've stated NUMEROUS times in my posts arx didn't clean everything up in my car. It did clean, though, much more than anything else I tried. There's no conspiracy here.

Now, looking at this logically, I would have to agree with Rick20's point. There's got to be something going on if all that developed after JUST running AMSOIL. Are you SURE the valve train was clean before you put the AMSOIL in?

If it was and this has happened rapidly, I think you're on the right track as far as checking off culprits and agree w/ Rick20 and Sprintman that you should perhaps check the thermostat/coolant related issues. Obviously in the dead of winter you should know if your thermo is working or not. If not, work up from there...

Hey, if arx ain't cleaning, it ain't cleaning. But the fact that this formed from a previously clean valvetrain while running AMOSIL is a bit of a puzzler....

Hey mori, yes I am, as I have stated numerous times. And please take note I have made a grand total of about 5 posts on the arx forum. Frank asked me if I wanted to help when he first set up the forum since I also moderate SAABcentral.com. I have not been able to do anything over there.

So please, tell me again what you are insinuating?

BTW, you are welcome to look up my past results and experiences with arx on here. Take a look at my old account under the name bkrell. You'll see I'm no shill for anyone...mori.

Quote:
Hey, if arx ain't cleaning, it ain't cleaning.

I agree. But that's not what Frank says:

Quote:

According to Frank, Stang5 is some kind of idiot who can't follow simple directions.

Quote:

I don't need an apology, and it's none of your [censored] business what my name is or when I ordered.

You owe an apology to the people you claim are liars or are feeble-minded because they didn't do jumping jacks when ARX failed to accomplish anything noticeable.

But that's OK, we know that won't happen. Blame the user, accuse me of never having used ARX, do what you need in order to sleep at night.

Since you've taken it to a somewhat personal level, Frank, here's some food for thought. You can post this on your testimonial page if that floats your boat.

I started lurking on BITOG about 2003 or so. I noticed the plugs for ARX but didn't think much of it. I used a bottle of ARX at the behest of another forum I am a member of, (a forum that has since dismissed your product unanimously as snake oil, but I digress). I knew the engine on my 96 Century could use a good cleaning after replacing the IMG. I saw the guts of my motor beforehand, and gave it a few OCI's before using your product. I used it PER directions, the entire bottle, over the course of six months. My engine ran no smoother, no increase in MPG, no cleaning of aforementioned crud, no nothing.

I wrote you an email regarding this, and to your credit you wrote me back. After walking through every thing I did to my motor, you erroneously told me that the Motorcraft oil I used in the cleaning stage is what hampered my cleaning process. I replied that I was using older, pre-synthetic blend Motorcraft that was straight dino, and so you accused the add-pack of being at fault. When I asked you what the Supertech I used during the second phase had an effect on, you told me that it sounded like my engine needed more ARX and offered me a discount for my next order.

That was the extent of my involvement with ARX. I find it hard to believe that each and every person that has noticed zero improvement using ARX is insane or a pathological liar. Why can't you, as a man, not as a salesman, come out and say "You know, ARX may not be the answer to every problem out there. Some engines just won't respond to cleaning with it depending on the way sludge has accumulated." Even when sludge isn't the issue, if someone says that they felt that ARX accomplished nothing, why not just say OK and give them their money back? I really hope that people that are skeptical about ARX read through your responses on this site and make an informed decision. IMO you should let the product and the people that use it be your mouthpiece. I don't want to hurt you financially, but I think you're doing that to yourself every time you insult the integrity and intelligence of the people that use your products.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Stang5,

Something is not adding up here. The valve train was clean at 100K. Then ran amsoil(very good oil), until 142K and at that time the valve train was filled with gooey stuff. I assume that the amsoil was run for acceptable oil change intervals and not run for 42K. So what caused the motor to gum up on the top end in the first place?

Sprintman has a plausible theory that the motor is running cooler than spec. Any chance of any coolant disappearing slowly over time? Any blockage in the tubing that your pcv valve is attached?

IMO, it sounds to me that the gooey stuff is forming as fast as you can clean it.

I ran the Amsoil at 7K miles max no more than 1 year..Im not loosing coolant, I have zero oil consumption on my 4-5K miles OCI..
check the pcv tubing all clear

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Hey mori, yes I am, as I have stated numerous times. And please take note I have made a grand total of about 5 posts on the arx forum. Frank asked me if I wanted to help when he first set up the forum since I also moderate SAABcentral.com. I have not been able to do anything over there.

BTW, you are welcome to look up my past results and experiences with arx on here. Take a look at my old account under the name bkrell. You'll see I'm no shill for anyone...mori.

How do you get off accusing me of maybe accusing you of being a shill? I just wanted to know if you were a moderator on the A-RX forum. Someone mentioned it and I was too lazy to check it out for myself. What's gotten into you?

That's really weird. I mean, I know that there are people on here all thrilled about arx not having cleaned anything, but I think there's just as big a mystery about how this stuff developed. I'll gladly post the pics for you if you send me copies. Just PM me and I'll send my email.

I didn't start posting here b/c I love arx. I started posting on here b/c I was trying to clean my own car. So I feel your pain. If the stuff is a real problem, I'd suggest you actually clean it off manually if you can carefully remove the deposits without dropping any into the pan. There are no silver bullets in life and arx is no exception.

kingrob, I can't speak for Frank and won't. I would point out, though that over the couple of years I've posted here and saabcentral, I have seen a lot of people who have not understood the application instructions. Is that the case with everyone? Nope. But it does happen.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: BrianWC

How do you get off accusing me of maybe accusing you of being a shill? I just wanted to know if you were a moderator on the A-RX forum. Someone mentioned it and I was too lazy to check it out for myself. What's gotten into you?

It seemed odd timing to say the least, and I know you joke about the mixed results folks sometimes get with arx. My apologies if it was an innocent inquiry.
cheers3.gif

I've had a couple of posters on here accuse me of being in the tank for Frank just b/c I'm listed as a mod on his forum. Which, by the way, I went back and check and I've actually posted 9 times in two years. It gnaws on me b/c

a.) I've tried to be more forthright than most and that was why I took pictures of all my arx cleaning and

b.) my early going with Frank and arx was NOT great. I didn't think the stuff was worth it and wasn't impressed. It wasn't until afterward I went and tried every other cleaning product and oil that everyone has recommended on here (except, noteably, MMO
blush.gif
) that I realized that arx cleaned more than anything else I encountered harsh or mild.

Again, my apologies, Mori.
33.gif

14450199_2767c1391231278458_m.jpg

14450243_a72e3cc41231278755_m.jpg

14450258_1ac6e3541231278856_m.jpg

Top 3 photos..after I did the first double ARX treatment at 140k miles

14450267_ca02764e1231278911_m.jpg

14450287_4e3bab461231278978_m.jpg

14450297_a7fe460a1231279022_m.jpg

14450305_8c7a54231231279066_m.jpg

14450316_8125f71c1231279101_m.jpg

Top 5 photos after the did a single ARX treatment at 175k miles

Sludge and varnish. I don't see how a coolant leak would cause varnish like that, sludge yes. That varnish looks like it took years to develop.

stang5 i feel your pain

i still have faith on ARX to work - i want it to work i paid for it.

otherwise why would i get 4 bottles and try it on both my cars and even to other family members. As of now i have only tried it on two well maintained and fairly new cars and i am not impressed but the filters from after the rinse phase will tell.

I should take a picture of the valve on the civic prior but unfortunately not so it will have to depend on filter proof then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back