Gasoline prices higher than last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable service, internet service, and my telephone service are unchanged. Diet Pepsi is still about the same too
grin.gif

hadn't been to the surf shop downtown in a while and went yesterday to see board prices are up. last summer you could find some at $345-360 (starting) and now that same brand is $390+
frown.gif

and for those who don't know, surfboards are practically disposable. after about a year mine are so beat up that i sell them for $100-200 and shell out the money for new ones. not to mention the $200+ wetsuits that last less than 2 years also.

yeah gas prices suck too, but at least i average over my EPA hwy rating of 34 MPG on a 1993 with 174k miles and no car payments. gotta save money for those boards.

Yeah, we're being fed the "no inflation" BS by our lords and masters (I mean elected representatives).

Then in the next breath, they blame drought and oil for higher prices.

Food prices are up here in FL. A quarter pounder value meal is now $5.26. They were less than $4 back in Ohio.

In Florida there are not "fast food" restaurants. Not uncommon to be in a drive through line for 20 minutes with only 3 cars ahead of you.

Oh, and regular gas is $2.449 at all 3 stations on exit 399 on I75.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Yeah, we're being fed the "no inflation" BS by our lords and masters (I mean elected representatives).

Then in the next breath, they blame drought and oil for higher prices.

Same garbage is fed to all the subjects through out the world.

It's interesting that they do not use prices of food and fuel when figuring 'inflation'. What other necessity is left - toilet paper?

Natural gas cost up. Electricity...UP. Water bill... higher though using less water. Property taxes up again.

Sure glad the state of Nebraska gives HUGE tax breaks to firms locating here. Of course the politicos spew the same old refrain of job creation but this is a low wage state with a sizable portion of the working class having to work 2 jobs and it is NOT to afford that vacation home, cruise to the Bahamas, etc. In fact, I do not know a single person or couple that can afford more than the necessities albeit cable TV is considered a needed luxury since eating out, going to movies, etc. is cost prohibitive.

Guess I should hang around with a better class of folks so I can't see all the economic misery.

A guy told me he filled up his van for 1.99, went home, about a mile away, figured he'd fill up the wife's car, so he went back and it changed in the time it took to drive the mile and back.....to 2.28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back