Gasoline is going up like crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 cents in a week! We are paying $2.09/gallon. Am I to expect $3.50 a gallon again this summer?? What is everyone else paying?

2.22-2.35 a gallon.

Stupid stuff like this causes it:

"Oil prices have been surging this week on titbits of information indicating that the economic crisis has reached its trough and that recovery could be around the corner," said analysts at JBC Energy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
20 cents in a week! We are paying $2.09/gallon. Am I to expect $3.50 a gallon again this summer?? What is everyone else paying?

It was too good to be true...makes me wish i had a VW TDI.

Here come the unrestrained speculators .... deja vu all over again.
mad.gif

Try $0.15/Litre in a week = $0.66/US Gal!
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: ARB1977

It was too good to be true...makes me wish i had a VW TDI.

Yeah but what you have to pay for a VW and the repairs over its life far outweighs using Gasoline at a higher price IMO.

VW's while I love 'em are over priced and expensive to fix and generally require more than average amount of repairs.

This negates any fuel savings you might gain using Diesel over Gasoline.

Yes, the Wall Street Journal has almost an article a day on this. I bought shares of Chevron and Exxon at the bottom(almost) and am enjoying a nice ride up. Helps to pay for the increase. There is a voracious appetite for oil out there and as soon as the economy recovers, you will see the demand go sky high along with prices.

Running @ $2.02 a gallon here for regular unleaded...... Looks like we soon see prices headed skyward between speculators and the government cap and trade laws, etc., which are just over the horizon.

Looks like we may see other manufactures offer diesel vehicles soon and that may well be the route we take when making our next vehicle purchase?

I think the Oil industry is squeezing the cow for as much milk as possible before they are a dead industry because consumption will be going down as new technologies are released and people try to break their dependence on non-renewable resources.

Unfortunately all us dependant on oil will feel the pinch until we are all driving electric "or whatever the new technology is" vehicles.

13.gif

Diesels have been just over the horizon for as long as I've been keeping track. I figure they're just trial balloons to gauge interest.

Originally Posted By: Fester
Ive heard that the threat of Israeli attacking Iran maybe causing the hike, that and the annual summer time increase.

Heres a gas price temperature map, I was hoping I wouldn't need it anytime soon.

GAS PRICE TEMPERATURE MAP.

I heard it was a corporate exec that had too much for lunch and so his vehicle was less efficient and required more fuel to move his fat arse around. This is fueling higher prices!

hahahaha
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Summer driving season is here, it always goes up at this time.

Yes, plus the fact that they will use every possible excuse to drive prices higher. Get used to it, $3-$4 a gallon gas prices, they are headed our way.

AD

got the MEMORIAL DAY weekend coming up , the official kick off for the summer driving season . Car sales up in CHINA ( large AMERICAN made are most popular ) , use of fuel for rebuilding roads and bridges , the so called bottom of recession , refinery utilization only 85% capacity , etc.. Experts expect over $60 a barrel next week . Better hope for a mild hurricane season and mild violence in middle east , or in NIGERIA . All this speculation will lead to isolation of money leading to more failure of the economy .

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
The other reasons might just be as simple as more folks travel for mothers day, lets make us some extra money.

^^Yep. It`s holiday time when people will be travelling,time to gouge the public.

doesn't help that people keep buying these gas guzzlers that have large rebates . When they go to trade them in for a more fuel efficient vehicle their book value is most likely to be even less than last round of high gas prices . Some just don't get it .

Originally Posted By: ZZman
2.22-2.35 a gallon.

Stupid stuff like this causes it:

"Oil prices have been surging this week on titbits of information indicating that the economic crisis has reached its trough and that recovery could be around the corner," said analysts at JBC Energy.

Hey, if I threw around enough weight to sway the markets to my gain, I would!

The "analysts" make the news these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back