Gasoline bubble is gone

The EIA has reported that gasoline stocks in the USA are back to normal. Refinery cut backs have allowed gasoline in storage to decrease to volumes seen a year ago. There are reports of some refinery closures. Apparently there is still an unbalanced condition where there is too much distillate production relative to the amount of gasoline being produced.

71EAE4A3-A80E-4DE6-81D0-9152F1565EF5.png

OMG, it’s the end of the world 😱😱

the horror! NOT, it’s like $2.10 here at Kwik Fill over the hill from me. CNG and LPG prices on other hand are like $2.20 for CNG and $3.50 for LPG

I see vacation travel curtailed greatly for Canada and US North-east.
I expect snowbird travel to Florida and Arizona to be maybe 10% of last year, and maybe less if border restrictions continue.
That will dampen demand YOY.

I see vacation travel curtailed greatly for Canada and US North-east.
I expect snowbird travel to Florida and Arizona to be maybe 10% of last year, and maybe less if border restrictions continue.
That will dampen demand YOY.
I concur. Hotel rates are cheap in Florida right now.

Glad to see prices up, lots of folks in South Texas need higher prices to keep their livelihood.

Food for thought. Your statement is true. I have no issue with it. But energy is very complex. The economy is bolstered and fueled by cheap energy.
When regular gas goes to $4 a gallon look at the volume of people that suffer. If you operate a fleet of vehicles it hurts. Do the oil folks care?
Weigh energy jobs to jobs period.
And we all know what happens if they stop drilling. I guess a fair price is good for everyone. That seldom happens though.

Percentage profit in oil refining... 8-12 percent...

My step father worked at the Yorktown oil refinery.. . This was the average margin for Amoco.

You pay way higher percentages at the grocery store... For these items in particular Deli bakery, meat, produce, and frozen foods...

Yet in grocery business overall... The profit margin is 2-3 percent. .

I don't have much of.a issue with 8-12 percent... Business in business to break even... Is a business that will be out of business in short order.

Back