Gas vs Diesel across the country

Watching the news. The price for gas and diesel in Calif are pretty close, around $5.90 a gallon for either.

Price is Delaware is $3.79 for gas (87 octane) and $5.99 for diesel.

I wonder why?

I noticed diesel in the $5.19-$5.49 range over the last week. Regular was around $3.49 at those stations.

Without being political, I believe the total taxes and fees are $1.40 per gallon so the difference is more than just that.

69D9984F-74B3-4678-95DE-68F8D0D5F221.jpg

ouer government (uk) loves high fuel prices because we pay nearly 60% tax fro every liter we buy. Bast**s

At the beginning of summer I noticed that Diesel was about the same price as 93 gas but as the prices went up Diesel seemed to pull ahead and did not come down when the price of gas dropped. I suspect that gas is being held artificially low by government suggestion and after the election we will see it come into line with diesel.

> ouer government (uk) loves high fuel prices

The bulk of the UK fuel tax is a fixed amount per liter. That doesn't increase government revenue as the price goes up. It's actually the opposite since when the price is high, fewer liters will be bought.

Approx $3.30 for regular unleaded (85 octane here) and $5.00 for diesel- Denver CO metro area.

Back