Gas Stretcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnviroMax

smile.gif

Actually, if CNBC did a favorable article, then what else do you need? I'll bet there engineering and chemistry and automotive departments at CNBC did their homework. And the fact that it is a MLM product is your guarantee of quality and customer service. If we're lucky, one of their dealers will become a site sponsor.

tongue.gif
Yeah, wasn't it NBC that started the rumor that a Chevy pickup will go up in flames if hit from the rear? Only to find out later that the story was a hoax.

Maybe its acetone
wink.gif

Not to get too far
offtopic.gif
but...

NBC and the exploding Chevy was even worse than repeating a story that was a hoax. In order to show how Chevys exploded they rigged one with explosives and taped it being rear ended in slo mo as a "demo". Yeah - a demo of what happens if you put explosives in a Chevy but a misleading lie if you were actually talking about the car in use.

60 minutes and the audi story still makes me angry to this day. I saw the original report, and it was pretty clear if you looked at the facts that senior citizens who were used to driving Cadillacs were just stepping on the wrong pedal. Audi eventually gave in and installed an idiot switch to solve the pretend problem, but not before their US market was obliterated.

And we don't have to look back too far to remember the guileless way that many media sources repeated Ford's blaming of Firestone exclusively for the rollover prone explorers running on intentionally underinflated tires at Ford's recommendation to solve their own design flaws.

I love that type of consumer activism reporting. We will protect you from evil even if we have to make the evil up.

I guess in automotive terms I guess that Ralph Nader vs the Corvair was one of the first of my lifetime of these things.

It's just business as uaual for the media. They will do anything to sell a story. Citizens go to jail, media people are to important to bother with laws and truth. I was floored when I found out how the Audi was rigged and that Audi did not go after 60 Minutes. Appears that the media can say anything and if it damages another party, tough. Because of the Audi story, I can't believe anything they produce. Don't the police say, where there is one lie, there are more? 60 Minutes has producted so many bogus stories it should be classified something besides news.

Back on topic, I couldn't get any hits on the CAS# 95-100-8032-4

But I suppose the magic is the .5% catalyst......

Surprised the elves aren't all over this:

code:

SECTION II: HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS

% By Weight TLV (IN, PPM) CAS #

Petroleum Distillate 95.00 to 99.00% 1000 ppm – skin 95-100-8032-4

Kelly Green Dye 0.001 to 0.01% NA 91-20-3

Patented Catalyst 0.50 to 2.0% NA–non hazardous proprietary

All you have to do is see if the product can "carry itself". If the gains are trumped by the costs ..then the vendor/producer is the only one that wins.

Strange that a product as suspicious as that would make it to national television. Has anyone tried it? Can their claims of 15% improvements be even remotely possible in a well maintained engine?

I noticed something in their FAQ that really irked me so I sent them an email with this as its body:

To whom it may concern:

I am not sure where your research is coming from in regards to the lubricity of such fuels as Biodiesel, but I suggest you brush up a little before making such statements on your website as:

Q: What Advantages Does EMP Have When Used With Alternative Fuels Such As Biodiesel?
A. When you use BioDiesel, and other alternative fuels, fuel economy and lubricity typically decreases. EMP has demonstrated superior results in increasing fuel economy and lubricity in alternative fuels such as BioDiesel.

Biodiesel has far more lubricity than straight #1 or #2 diesel alone. When mixed in quantities as small as 2%, the 2% blend of Biodiesel, even poor quality, ultra low sulphur diesel fuels can meet lubricity requirements for most any new diesel engine manufacturer. It is a foregone conclusion that at least in the short term, alternative fuels will be a stopgap measure to slowing dependence on foreign oil and supporting the domestic economy while also helping improve air quality. It is sad to see a company misrepresenting the inherent beneficial qualities of these fuels in order to sell what is, at best, a product that will do little to nothing to help consumers and only serve to lighten their wallets.

While your product may well be the be all, end all we are looking for, one has to suspect that it falls in the dubious category of "snake oil" which will soon find its way to the dusty top reaches of AutoZones and Advanced Auto stores nationwide, right alongside similar gimmicks like DuraLube, Slick50, etc. If this product did what it is claimed to, it would be plastered all over in the worldwide press and a government standard for every mechanized vehicle in use today. If such a miracle were to actually exist, why would vehicle manufacturers be spending millions on catalytic converters, egr systems, and constantly reworking existing engine designs to meet government emission specs? They could simply be selling this wonder potion by the barrel and making themselves and your company millions if not billions in the process while eliminating a lot of headaches.

If you want to join the ranks of the other scores of companies marketing a simple dyed petreoleum distillate in a fancy bottle that at best demonstrates a barely tangible response in a controlled lab scenario, be my guest. Free country and all that. If you can make a few bucks in the process, that's great too--we all need the money. Make all the hyperbolic claims about it that you want, and gloat over all the happy customers who are ecstatic with the product due to the everpresent placebo effect that takes place in individuals who spent a considerable amount of money on something they desperately hope will work. But please don't resort to making false claims and comments on products in the marketplace that actually hold hope and promise for the near future, despite what small drawbacks and perceptions (mostly internet based) they may have.

Here are a few handy links from reputable resources that can help set you straight:

http://www.biodiesel.org/markets/pre/

www.biodiesel.org/pdf_files/ fuelfactsheets/Lubricity.PDF

http://www.pugetsoundcleancities.org/Biodiesel1.htm

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/Publications.htm?seq_no_115=171882

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back