Gas station charged me for super unleaded when I pressed the regular button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I only bought 5 gallons, so I call up the station when I get home and see that I paid a $1 more per gallon and they can't refund the difference until the manager gets in tomorrow morning. The cashier tells me their pumps have been doing that and they don't even have super unleaded. Guess I'll be calling the number on the pump tomorrow if I don't get my money back. whatever it's called. Texas department of weights and measures I think. Opinons? Should I not even bother going back tomorrow? Proabably cost $5 to drive up there. The screen on the pump had an error message on it but it started pumping once I pressed the 87 button so I was like oh well I see that a lot on these dumb pumps. Never had it charge me for the wrong product though.

So when you pushed the regular button did the price for super pop up on the screen. I bet it did. This will be a tough one to fight because the pump told you what you were getting and you chose to pull the trigger.

So when you pushed the regular button did the price for super pop up on the screen. I bet it did. This will be a tough one to fight because the pump told you what you were getting and you chose to pull the trigger.

I pressed the regular button somehow I still got super when the receipt printed

The manager was probably the one that answered the phone and hopes you'll tire of this. Call weights and measures. I understand the frustration but you can't get too worked up over $5.

It was a young kid.

He gave me his name and the managers name. The part that shocked me was he admitted to saying they don't have super unleaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back