Gas shortage coming to Hawaii real soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Atlas is shrugging....

Pablo.....THAT book should be mandatory reading for every American over the age of 16.
Altho we both know that will never happen.!

I have every bit of faith that the 50th state will be as sucessful in this situation as NJ when they took care of the auto insurance problem by capping rates!

..and no, "they" never do seem to learn.....

This might explain the reason why consumers feel short changed in Hawaii. There was a 2 billion dollar anti lawsuit against the oil companies on price fixing...I can't believe they settled out of court for 10 million.

web page

quote:

Originally posted by Mamala Bay:
This might explain the reason why consumers feel short changed in Hawaii. There was a 2 billion dollar anti lawsuit against the oil companies on price fixing...I can't believe they settled out of court for 10 million.

web page

I have been wondering about price fixing myself. Since the big oil companies have merged they have almost created a monopoly. Makes it a lot easier for them to gouge us. This system in my opinion does need some regulation or the consumer can really be hosed.

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
I have been wondering about price fixing myself. Since the big oil companies have merged they have almost created a monopoly. Makes it a lot easier for them to gouge us. This system in my opinion does need some regulation or the consumer can really be hosed.

When will people learn that the price is "fixed" by the spot market
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
It won't happen though, because it would limit speculators opportunity to make money from peoples misery resulting from the Huricane caused short term oil shortages.

I actually think speculators would see it as a sign of weakness in supply and maybe some desperation. If anything..it would drive prices up. There is so little logic from the speculation point of view sometimes. So whether we tap or don't tap the energy reserve won't be based on what speculators want or don't want (IMHO ) . We did tap it bc of Ivan and it looks like we will tap it again..Bush has all but given the green light..its really not too much of a big deal..I guess. I can live with it.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Just Saw Senator Schumer wants to dip into the strategic reserve. Bad idea in my opinion..its not for price relief t for the consuming public its for emergency purposes. But it makes good propaganda to the electorate..I sume he is coming up for re-election. But hey use it all so we can pay a dime less for gas..whatever.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050829/ts_nm/weather_katrina_energy_schumer_dc

There is nothing wrong with a short time loan from the strategic reserve as long as there is a solid irrevocible plan to replace the oil in the near future.

It won't happen though, because it would limit speculators opportunity to make money from peoples misery resulting from the Huricane caused short term oil shortages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back