gas prices nearing/topping $3 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
California is the most expensive state for gas (in the 48) and ours is the most expensive county (sometimes trading with south lake tahoe).

Gas prices at the chevron last night were $2.91 2.97 and 2.99 (87/89/91). Can't imagine anyone not buying premium when the difference is 8 cents at chevron. Some stations near the college have been over $3 for a while. Cheapest priced stations are $2.6x or so for 87.

I average 34 MPG and still complain; can't imagine all those SUVs cruising around getting 30-50% of that.

$1/L here today. Exchange rate is 82.5 cents on the dollar, and a US gallon is 3.87L.

So $3.19/gallon is what we pay here now for 87 octane petrol.

Here in this eastern province of Canada it is about 2 cents per liter less than Sask for 87 octane or in other words, about 9 cents per imp gallon less.

2 days ago it was 2.29, 2.39, 2.49 for 87, 89, 93 octane fuel. Today add 6 cents to the above numbers. Fuel taxes are 49.5 cents a gallon in Pa. Have no idea what the price will be Thursday afternoon when the weekend prices usually go up.

because of high gas and diesel prices refiner's are favoring fuel out put and are raising base oil prices again about every other month a 10 cent increase. This year about 30 cents last year about 40 cents total, Pao up 1.00 gallon at least.
bruce

What did you expect when the number 1 and number 2 in government are former execs from the petroleum industry. I say the oil companies need more tax breaks and land grants
lol.gif

We're getting really close to $1 per liter here in Toronto. This morning the common price is 96.8 cents per liter, the highest it's ever been.

The odd thing with Toronto is that every morning our price goes to the same level at 99% of the stations in the city and surrounding suburbs. But then as the day goes on, the price drops. In some areas last night it got down to 85.9 cents per liter, a ten cent drop from the morning high (yesterday morning's price was 96.0) Some areas will only drop 2 or 3 cents per liter though. Every morning there is a completely different price, and it usually moves in step with the previous day's price for crude. For example, if crude goes up by $1, our morning price goes up by 1 cent per liter. If crude goes down, our morning price goes down.

Nobody that I know buys gas in the morning, since they know without fail that the price will be lower in the evening (usually it reaches it's lowest point by about 8 or 9pm, then the price goes up around midnight)

Yesterday in OKC it was 2.25, this morning on her way to work, wife called and told me that it jumped up to 2.39
Wow. OKC has been known to have the cheapest gas prices west of Memphis Tenn.

Interestingly, ExxonMobil recently reported it's best, most profitable quarter ever.

For most businesses, when the price of raw material goes up, they have to absorb it and their profit goes down... not true in the oil business. Something's wrong here.

Within the last three days, the gasoline station I drive past daily has seen an increase of 17 cents/gallon!

My regular habit is to fill-up every Saturday, but I think I should get gas today before it has a chance to get up even more!
banghead.gif

$2.43/gal. here at most places on my way home this morning. Just read on MSN that there is $.21 that has yet to come into the price so it's going to go much higher soon. I sure am happy that my Prius is averaging 52 mpg right now!

quote:

Originally posted by InvalidUserID:
Within the last three days, the gasoline station I drive past daily has seen an increase of 17 cents/gallon!

My regular habit is to fill-up every Saturday, but I think I should get gas today before it has a chance to get up even more!
banghead.gif

Your makin it sound like post WWII Germany! seriously, I didn't realize how much gas has gone up recently; it's astounding! Guess my prediction in the general forum was way off. Boone Pickens was right.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
Yesterday in OKC it was 2.25, this morning on her way to work, wife called and told me that it jumped up to 2.39
Wow. OKC has been known to have the cheapest gas prices west of Memphis Tenn.

I was in Memphis in June 1998 and I saw gas for as low as 97 cents a gallon! My how things have changed!

I was thinking about this..I use about a gallon of gas each day for going to/from work, 5 days a week. That's actually going to start dropping soon as the highway I use is having several signalized intersections converted to interchanges.

Even if the price of gas were to go up to $5/gallon, I would still only be using about $100 in gas a month for the purpose of going to/from work. (I already arrive for work an hour later and leave an hour later to avoid traffic..if I did not do that, my gasoline expenses would double and so would the amount of time I spend on the road. Amazing what just one hour does for traffic!)

Gas here in Saint John, New Brunswick is going for $1.069 per liter of 87 octane, a few cents more for full serve. 91 octane is $1.139 cents per liter.

$3.15 a gallon for diesel here in so cal which is $.25 more than premeum gas WOW whats going on. The cost to move things are going to go up. Dan

quote:

Originally posted by Kestas:
Interestingly, ExxonMobil recently reported it's best, most profitable quarter ever.

For most businesses, when the price of raw material goes up, they have to absorb it and their profit goes down... not true in the oil business. Something's wrong here.

exactly. somethings not right with this. finally SUV and truck sales have slacked. it only took a year+ of high gas prices. yet demand has not gone down. people drive as much as ever. luckily i moved closer to work and cut my commute in half. will save at least $40 a month.

and no, GWB, drilling in alaska will make no difference to consumer oil/gas prices. it will only fatten the wallets of a few of your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back